• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problem with AR15 build

Been working the hammer/trigger and it is now working fine, releasing everytimg like it should. I took it over to my friends house that put it together and he took it down just to check it. Found the hammer spring bend as shown in the attached photo. This is the second spring to be bent like this in this lower. Wonder why? It is installed correctly. Wallace
hammer spg.jpg

How'd that rear leg get bent straight? Just looking at it makes me think it ended up being installed with only the one leg over the pin, which could very well cause light primer strikes and FTF. Honestly, I'd replace the entire FCG because it sounds like some kind of tolerance/stacking issue. For 2 springs to be defective would be strange, and couple that with what you described with the disconnector and safety I think there has to be an issue with the FCG. Have you checked the spacing for the pins and safety, could be a factory lower out of spec too.

From what you wrote the trigger isn’t not resetting. If you can push the trigger forward, hear a click and the the gun will fire. This is trigger reset. If what I described is true your trigger return spring is improperly installed or is too light for your setup.

I had never even heard of Ceratac until this thread.

I don't remember an Anderson lower being out of spec but I did install a disconnector spring in upside down once (on the only build where I was interrupted by a phone call) and it produced the same malfunction you described. My spring wasn't bent like that though and after the correction it has functioned properly ever since.

Were both springs that got bent from the same source- Ceratac?
I'd try a different kit to see if the bent spring problem continues.

Back
Top Bottom