• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problem with polymer 80 build

kb34

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
well guys, I’ve been having some issues with my polymer80 build.

It keeps dropping the mags while shooting. Does it with any mag, ETS, promag, Glock mag, Korean knockoff mags.

Anyone have an idea what it is? It’s a standard Glock mag release and release spring, and a full size gen 2 polymer 80 frame.

To clarify, this is the polymer 80 Glock frame

First thought is a bad mag catch (since that's cheap to replace). If you're still having issues after replacing that, contact polymer 80. Could be a flaw in the polymer curing process, not the right dimensions or something.

The threaded end of the catch should be flush with the release button,look at the lower assembly guide in the gunsmitthing forum.
unless the mag catch spring is digging into the polymer or the hole cut to deep or possibly the spring does not have enough tension,broken possibly.

Try removing the mag catch and see if there is any flashing or irregularities that maybe keeping the mag catch from completely seating.
I just finished mine and have yet to hit the range. I had an issue with the trigger bar not moving far enough back to release the striker. I wound up having to clearance the frame for the trigger bar, which gave me a little trigger over travel.

Back
Top Bottom