• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problems getting WCL in Camden county- Update Pg. 7.

biometrician

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of formally establishing myself as a resident of Georgia. I called today to schedule an appointment to get fingerprinted for a WCL and was told that the earliest I can even begin my application for a WCL was May 20. This seems absurd for a relatively rural county. I know that GA will honor my out of state permit for 3 months, but there will be a gap where I will be forced to choose between carrying illegally or being defenseless. This seems very wrong, especially with the county sheriff being supposedly gung-ho about the second amendment...

Does anyone know of a good lawyer I can speak to in southeastern GA? I am interested in suing, or at least using the threat of a lawsuit, to get an appointment to begin my WCL application process.

Thanks,
biometrician

That isn't too bad, I have to wait until july to get a renewal, The henry county probate won't take calls or return the call when you leave a message. I'm just trying to get clarification on whether I can legally carry or not in the meantime.
I've been more than patient I believe and starting mon I'm going to be flooding their voice mail daily.
They sit on their little thrones ruling over us peasants as they see fit and short of hiring a lawyer at our own expense have no recourse in dealing with them and they know it...infuriating .

I was told your current permit works until you are able to get a renewal.

Out of state permits from states with reciprocity are the same.
I've heard that as well but I'd like clarification on the matter. Just want to keep it legal. I wouldn't do well in jail...I'm too pretty.

@Grainite3 and HERMET I've heard the exact same thing, and I'm willing to bet that 99% of cops around here would understand my situation. That said, it just takes one power tripper to mess things up...

Realistically, if one can carry in a car without a license (which is kosher in GA), it's pretty low risk to carry- I've never been "made", and I've never had to talk to police in public outside of DUI checkpoints. That said, after having carried extensively in grey areas (like on campus), it's never a "relaxed" feeling.

Plus, I'd love to do more FTF business on here without worrying about transfers or WCL fudds.

The principle of a right delayed is a right denied is very important to me. COVID isn't a very good excuse. Everyone else is working at full efficiency- I got my drivers license in 10 minutes this morning, and I'm certain that they'll take the $1000 for my vehicle registration with no delay...

Back
Top Bottom