• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problems getting WCL in Camden county- Update Pg. 7.

There are only 4 conditions in which you can carry without a GWCL.

O.C.G.A. 16-11-126(a)

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

This does not count exceptions while hunting, fishing, target shooting, etc. Or possibly any of the other exceptions that are very narrow and limited in scope.

Does not apply to long guns either. They have exceptions as well.

The OP is talking about carrying for the purposes of self defense, if needed.

You CAN NOT open carry without a license, except as noted above.

For the love of all that is Holy, I wish this "old wives tale", "old timers advice", etc. etc., would go away forever.

Generally, carrying a firearm requires a license.

The OP is talking about carrying for the purposes of self defense, if needed.

You CAN NOT open carry without a license, except as noted above.

For the love of all that is Holy, I wish this "old wives tale", "old timers advice", etc. etc., would go away forever.

Generally, carrying a firearm requires a license.

Yes, GA is pretty clear about this (unlike some other states). That said, I have no interest in open carrying any handgun short of an apocalyptic scenario. In that case I'll have bigger things to worry about.

I miss having constitutional carry in my home state of MS. I got my license there solely to carry across state lines.

As to all the other folks (too many for me to easily list), thanks for sending along links to Georgia Carry. The Georgia Carry site has a lot of interesting cases that they've won that look very similar to what I am dealing with here. I plan on reaching out to them next week for advice. I'm also considering reaching out to the sheriff- he has a very long article on his site that is very pro 2a, and Camden county is supposedly a 2a sanctuary (I know- it's somewhat of a feel good gesture, but still...). Perhaps I can apply pressure through some other avenue?

thought you were talking about your car....my mistake

I did mention my vehicle- the law reads as if I won't need it to carry weapons in a vehicle. I've always had a weapon in my vehicle since I was about 18 or so just out of habit. Realistically, most of us are at greatest risk of encountering criminals when getting fuel- we called them stop n' robs back home for a reason.

That isn't too bad, I have to wait until july to get a renewal, The henry county probate won't take calls or return the call when you leave a message. I'm just trying to get clarification on whether I can legally carry or not in the meantime.
I've been more than patient I believe and starting mon I'm going to be flooding their voice mail daily.
They sit on their little thrones ruling over us peasants as they see fit and short of hiring a lawyer at our own expense have no recourse in dealing with them and they know it...infuriating .
Hello,

I am in the process of formally establishing myself as a resident of Georgia. I called today to schedule an appointment to get fingerprinted for a WCL and was told that the earliest I can even begin my application for a WCL was May 20. This seems absurd for a relatively rural county. I know that GA will honor my out of state permit for 3 months, but there will be a gap where I will be forced to choose between carrying illegally or being defenseless. This seems very wrong, especially with the county sheriff being supposedly gung-ho about the second amendment...

Does anyone know of a good lawyer I can speak to in southeastern GA? I am interested in suing, or at least using the threat of a lawsuit, to get an appointment to begin my WCL application process.

Thanks,
biometrician
That's very annoying but seems like a lot of money and distraction to hire a lawyer and file or threaten a law suit that may not go anywhere. You can still carry openly until you do get your new WCL.

That's very annoying but seems like a lot of money and distraction to hire a lawyer and file or threaten a law suit that may not go anywhere. You can still carry openly until you do get your new WCL.
If he has not got a wcl HE CAN NOT LEGALLY OPEN CARRY ON HIS PERON.. in home and car yes, not on his person

Back
Top Bottom