• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problems getting WCL in Camden county- Update Pg. 7.

That kind of attitude is what empowers local governments to run afoul of their legal obligations. With no one to call them out on it... they can do whatever they want.

Except, right now, they have the whole pandemic excuse. Everything takes longer, it took weeks to get my daughter an appointment to get her drivers license test and I didn't go suing anyone.

That isn't too bad, I have to wait until july to get a renewal, The henry county probate won't take calls or return the call when you leave a message. I'm just trying to get clarification on whether I can legally carry or not in the meantime.
I've been more than patient I believe and starting mon I'm going to be flooding their voice mail daily.
They sit on their little thrones ruling over us peasants as they see fit and short of hiring a lawyer at our own expense have no recourse in dealing with them and they know it...infuriating .

That is interesting. I renewed a couple months ago by just walking into the office located at the county extension building at the end closest to Hwy 81 behind the McDonalds. In and out in 15 minutes.

Except, right now, they have the whole pandemic excuse. Everything takes longer, it took weeks to get my daughter an appointment to get her drivers license test and I didn't go suing anyone.
A drivers license is a privilege. Carrying a gun for self defense is a right.

Apples. Oranges.

I got one a few months back and had my VA license lapse for a few months. As I recall I made the appointment when they opened appointments back up around July of this past year and called the first week they said they were opening up for appointments. There were several months they wouldn’t do anything at all in the spring/summer. By the time I called, the earliest appt was late October. I got in... they did all the fingerprints there, picture, turned in forms, paid the lady and got the license in the mail w/in a week or two. You can DL the forms ahead of time you I save time and if you’re military (not sure but 1/2 of Kingsland is) on orders, they need your orders and a bill to show you’re residing in GA. They said if their fancy fingerprint copy machine didn’t work, they’ll do it at the police station with ink but they took fine, even though one of my fingerprints is messed up from an earlier injury.

They’re only letting folks into the probate court one at a time and is stupid inefficient. I wish they’d let folks stand outside and wait for an opening. There’s a big wide passageway with benches all along outside the rooms. There wasn’t a soul in there when I walked in and wasn’t anyone waiting on deck when I walked out. They apparently make 15 minute blocks for each individual and it took 5-10 minutes to do. If someone forgets an appt because they made it months out, I guess the folks take a smoke break.

As to lawyering up? I can’t recommend anyone in town. Never needed one. All the billboards around the base are for divorce lawyers... not “anything” lawyers. And... yeah... I’ll open carry fishing/hunting but wouldn’t do it just out and about w/o a license... assuming I did at all (which I don’t). There are a few folks that I see in town do it. Good on them. I hope they have a permit.

Given what I saw... I’d be calling to ask for cancellations or if you can sit n the bench right outside their door (the actual probate court room had all the chairs removed) for a no show. I can pretty much guarantee they have them.

Edit: A side note, the couple ladies in there were super nice and I doubt have a hand in any policy making they’re having to abide by. If you want to play hardball... I’d give them a pass... and specially if you want to see if they’ll do something to hook you up. I do think they’ve got to make an appt to let you get in past the security checkpoint... so they’d have to do something they even let you get in the building.
Similar to Bibb County. The clerk effed up my appt with two emails, two appts and despite repeated attempts on my part to get clarification (as I'd already been waiting three freaking months) they were uncommunicative after the appt(s) were set. I showed up for the earlier day/time on the two emails and at first they acted like they'd never heard of me or if I even had an appt. I played it cool, showed both emails and then they apologized and "squeezed" me in between the folks who hadn't shown up at all that I could tell. Nice & easy, maybe 7 minutes total time from payment to finish.

That is interesting. I renewed a couple months ago by just walking into the office located at the county extension building at the end closest to Hwy 81 behind the McDonalds. In and out in 15 minutes.
Your timing must have been just right. Maybe I should just hangout in front of the building like a homeless person until they get tired of looking at me and let me in.

Submitted my renewal app in Bibb 12/29 and sent the email to request an appointment. Haven’t heard jack. WCL expired 1/24. Kemp says we have 120 days to renew, so I’m not too worried at the moment, but hopefully will hear back sooner than later.

My county offices had a recording that said "by appointment only", leave a message and we will get back with you.

After 3 weeks and no return call, I just showed up. Surprise! It was business as usual. No waiting or appt needed.

Sometimes it pays to just show up and ignore the silly stuff.

Doesn't the probate court also issue marriage licenses? Are those folks being inconvenienced as well?

Back
Top Bottom