• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Production Case Trimmer

UPDATE:

I ordered the Carbide Trimmer Blade for my Gracey from Giraud (they make one for the Gracey), as I was told the one from
BJ was an extremely tight fit ... Well, the one from Giraud is as well! I took my set of small diamond toothed files from Harbor Freight,
selected a thin flat one and honed the cutting shaft a little wider, and also tightened the back set screw as tight as I could therby
forcing the jaws of the cutting shaft a little wider still ... and the new blade finally slid into place! After adjusting it per the instructions
sent with it by Giraud, the carbide blade is up and running just fine.

One trick to employ when changing calibers: Adjust the blade with the motor off and use an already-trimmed case as your guide for setting the blade.

I used the new blade to correct the damaged cases shown from before ... The may be only about about 1.74" now, but are quite usable for setting the dies on my press,
or even safely loading and firing! But i won't load them, I'll just use them fine tuning dies.

Clarke123, thanks for sharing! Although I haven't yet gotten my Dillon set up for loading .223, I've pondered the case trimming issue on large quantities of brass. Sounds like you've done the research & have a nice production setup.

Back
Top Bottom