• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Professional sports teams boycott, refuse to play.

Do you care if professional athletes permanently stop playing?

• I love sports and will die without them

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Those overpaid ass hats can stay home forever.

Votes: 67 90.5%
  • Life is meaningless without tacos.

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yawn.

Those NBA asshats can go play with themselves for all I care. Don't let this cancer spread to MLB, please.
Yeh what he said. But seriously just last night I heard LeBron wouldn't play, then the whole NBA wouldn't play. And I still didn't give a ****. So then the WNBA jumped on board along with the Atlanta soccer team. It just keeps getting better for ME. I hope they keep on boycotting all the way to bankruptcy court. Protest yourselves right out of your insanely overpaid jobs and free up lots of air time . This is win win as far as I can see.

Think in other perspective. If there is no sport then there are no broadcast needed and thousands of people will lose their jobs, where will they work? Sport staff, Tv crew, Nike, Adidas, Hourly concession stand workers, reporters, and etc will all lose their jobs. Sport is watched throughout the country not just in the states. These over paid players you mentioned is getting that much because they are worth it. They wear brands to help other brands grow their business. If sport was not worth they wouldnt be showing sport on TV. there a reason TNT which is a not channel, teamed up with ESPN to show live sports. Theres a lot of profit going on. Even the USA Gov get benefit on the sport profit by taxing them. Think about the facts that will come in place. Its more then sports and the players. Theres family and friends that work hourly to keep their families up and running by working for the sports parking lot and ticketing and concession stands.

Soooo much manufacturing being done by women and children in sweat shops overseas so US corporate brands can make more money.

Sooooo much taxpayer money being given up by municipalities to attract teams.

Soooooooo many people willing to spend $250 to see a game and complain about a $25 co-pay on their insurance

So, so, Soooooooooooooooo many better ways to:
1. Bond with your family
2. Make the world a better place
3. Practice shooting (that does 1 & 2 at the same time )

Also, the people who mostly do work for the sport in food service, parking, etc are getting very very low pay even as ticket prices soar. All that money’s got to go UP not down. Look at the recent Washington Redskins lawsuits.

I will miss the occasional ncaa football game, but life’s too important to give more money to “sport”.

Freddie Freeman was on the news this morning lamenting the fact that they were 'unaware' of the protest around professional sports during their double header and how he wanted to stand in solidarity.
Not sure why, but I always assumed Freddie had a little common sense. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom