• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Appleseed Class

zesty

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
not fully clean
67   0
Reaction score
https://appleseedinfo.org/

Project Appleseed is a non-profit that believes Americans should know how to shoot. They tie the class into the Revolutionary War and teach very effective methods to hit your target. There's no politics. IMO, it's just the purest form of Americans exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

Last weekend, I attended a 1/2 day Appleseed class with two other adults and 3 kids ages 9 to 11 (son and nephews) in my group. There were 14 in the class total. I highly recommend this class. Appleseed has been posted about before and it gets great reviews every time for good reason. The instructors are volunteers and there were more volunteers there than actual class attendees. It's just awesome.

Some takeaways-

- I think the 1/2 day class is the right one for new and young shooters. My kids liked they class but they were worn out at the end of 4 hours. It moves at a fast pace. My son was getting frustrated and I'm glad we finished when we did. I can work with him one and one with what we learned. They all do want to do the 2 day class eventually now.

- I underestimated the class. We were supposed to bring 100 rounds each which doesn't sound like much shooting to me over 4 hours. Man, let me tell you, they make every shot feel important. I was helping 3 boys with reloads and whatnot so it was a little extra hectic for me.

- Rifle setup is important. I knew the LOP on the stocks I had was too long for the boys but didn't have time/resources to get youth stocks. Also, they should have all had scopes. Appleseed encourages iron sights but I think a scope just makes things easier for a young/new shooter. Don't let the rifle stop you from taking the class, but set it up if you can.

I'll be working with the kids on what we learned and properly setting up 10/22s for them. We'll certainly be going back for our Rifleman badge.

Special thanks to 6Bones 6Bones . He answered questions before the class and made sure there were loaner rifles for our large group. It would not have gone as well as it did without him.

I took a full day class this weekend and was humbled by the amount of learning I need and the passion and skill of the instructors. I fully plan on taking another and I'll be looking out for a half day which sounds like about the right length for my wife to tolerate.
Thanks to 6Bones 6Bones and the whole team!

https://appleseedinfo.org/

Project Appleseed is a non-profit that believes Americans should know how to shoot. They tie the class into the Revolutionary War and teach very effective methods to hit your target. There's no politics. IMO, it's just the purest form of Americans exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

Last weekend, I attended a 1/2 day Appleseed class with two other adults and 3 kids ages 9 to 11 (son and nephews) in my group. There were 14 in the class total. I highly recommend this class. Appleseed has been posted about before and it gets great reviews every time for good reason. The instructors are volunteers and there were more volunteers there than actual class attendees. It's just awesome.

Some takeaways-

- I think the 1/2 day class is the right one for new and young shooters. My kids liked they class but they were worn out at the end of 4 hours. It moves at a fast pace. My son was getting frustrated and I'm glad we finished when we did. I can work with him one and one with what we learned. They all do want to do the 2 day class eventually now.

- I underestimated the class. We were supposed to bring 100 rounds each which doesn't sound like much shooting to me over 4 hours. Man, let me tell you, they make every shot feel important. I was helping 3 boys with reloads and whatnot so it was a little extra hectic for me.

- Rifle setup is important. I knew the LOP on the stocks I had was too long for the boys but didn't have time/resources to get youth stocks. Also, they should have all had scopes. Appleseed encourages iron sights but I think a scope just makes things easier for a young/new shooter. Don't let the rifle stop you from taking the class, but set it up if you can.

I'll be working with the kids on what we learned and properly setting up 10/22s for them. We'll certainly be going back for our Rifleman badge.

Special thanks to 6Bones 6Bones . He answered questions before the class and made sure there were loaner rifles for our large group. It would not have gone as well as it did without him.

I took a full day class this weekend and was humbled by the amount of learning I need and the passion and skill of the instructors. I fully plan on taking another and I'll be looking out for a half day which sounds like about the right length for my wife to tolerate.
Thanks to 6Bones 6Bones and the whole team!

It was a fun event and I enjoyed getting to know your families. Look forward to having you back for another event, soon! Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I will share them with the cadre and shoot boss.

I also must offer a shout out to Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds for allowing the program to use the SO training center with no range fees to the program or participants! Public officials who support liberty are becoming rare.

In liberty
6Bones

My youngest (13) shot an expert rifleman score of 215 today, on Patriots Day Weekend while her Dad was calling the line for his Shoot Boss certification. A day to remember. Long live freedom and may liberty increase forever!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

@freedom Happy Patriots Day!

Attachments

• B8C6F43D-2E85-450C-9013-7E210CBB17CD.jpeg
    B8C6F43D-2E85-450C-9013-7E210CBB17CD.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 24
I luv the Appleseed program ! I attended the very first Rifleman's Boot Camp carried out at the age of 69 .
Camped on the home range for 10 days and shot over 1500 rds. in a M14A and a M1A .
Earned my badge there as well . It took me a week after to recover from the effort I put in .
Also attended the very first Appleseed class in Ga. along with my youngest son and Grandson .
I still shot a M1A , my son my AR15 and my Grandson shot my 10/22 training rifle with Tech sights . I gave out about half way through the second day and sit down .
My son finished the day with my M1A and my grandson with my AR .

Back
Top Bottom