• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Appleseed Thread

I guess I've done 4 of them at the club and two KDs in Talladega. I was a competitive marksman in high school and college, even won a full scholarship for shooting small bore. Appleseed helped me to remember some things I'd long forgotten, un-learn some bad habits I'd picked up over the years and I learned some new things about shooting and myself. Go with a teachable attitude and you will be glad you did. Practicing what they teach will raise your scores.

I can honestly say that shooting well without mechanical rests and benches is far more satisfying than keeping them in the X ring with a bipod and rear bag. Of course when hunting or engaging terrorists across a valley, do what you gotta do. For an afternoon of pleasant shooting, it is great to drop some baggage and perforate a few targets with a service rifle, and bulk ammo.

4990308223_a74a9cc9ed_b.jpg
4990308223_a74a9cc9ed_b.jpg

View attachment 1778583
9-8/9 2018 Another great weekend of History, Heritage and Marksmanship in Canton Georgia!

What a great weekend!!! Lots of brand new shooters that really improved from the weekend. It's always so nice to see new shooters get introduced to rifle marksmanship with proper instruction from the get go. Also great to see people bringing out their kids and spending time together learning how to shoot :).

Congrats on the red hat!

Attention ODT Appleseeders:

The 2018 events in Canton sold out quickly so I’m posing the 2019 dates a little ahead of them going live on www.appleseedinfo.org.

Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office
Shaw-Woodard Firearms Training Complex
Univeter Rd, Canton GA

March 9-10
April 27-28
Sept 7-8
October 19-20

For Liberty,
6Bones

Back
Top Bottom