• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Chevy

Kyzrsoze

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
In the last few weeks I've inherited an unexpected project - a project that will require more than I've ever done on a car.

Here's why
uploadfromtaptalk1600169029989.jpg

The short version - the car belonged to my father in-law. On a recent road trip the car was rear ended, crushing the rear quarter and unfortunately bending the frame of a clean and well maintained 1996 Impala SS.

Now that the dust has settled, it has fallen to me to decide the car's fate. Dollars and reason would dictate that I let this one go to the scrap yard, but for sentimental reasons I will be putting it back together.

You're gonna have a salvage title. There's a place called McLeod's here in Warner Robins that certifies rebuilds so you can get a Rebuilt Title. They may also be of assistance in the rebuild as far as sourcing parts.

You're gonna have a salvage title. There's a place called McLeod's here in Warner Robins that certifies rebuilds so you can get a Rebuilt Title. They may also be of assistance in the rebuild as far as sourcing parts.
Not many places left that does it. I heard of one in Chattanooga or there close and the one there but not may others

Not many places left that does it. I heard of one in Chattanooga or there close and the one there but not may others
Yeah McLeod is a salvage yard too but his main hustle is the certification deal. In fact he's been doing it so long he has a few banks that will loan money on his cars. I never thought I'd see that.

Doesn't this depends on how the insurance settlement was made? If the person who hit them, insurance company just paid for damages there shouldn't be any notes on the title. However, if the father-n-law purchased the car back from the insurance company it should have a salvage title???....just thinking out loud.

Back
Top Bottom