• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Propane/multifuel generators

Jeddak

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
142   0
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a propane/natural gas/gasoline generator.
Will be used to run a couple of freezers and a fridge (rotating on and off, if needed), interner router and charge cell phones.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

I picked this up on Black Friday last year for $899. I am able to run my whole house on it. I have approximately 30 hours on mine now and it works like a champ. It has never and will never see gasoline.

My neighbor has a comparable champion, it has served him well as well.

For your small load there are smaller options from both.

We are all electric house, so a bigger generator may not be bad.
Thank you!
Had they not run the ford on Black Friday sale, I would have bought this Westinghouse as it provides a little more juice for a little less money.

I have a Predator 3500 that runs two fridges, and a few other assorted things. The coffee maker is the biggest draw.

I also have a generac 7500 that would run the whole house, but its just easier to run the small one.

I thought this moderate sized propane/multi setup had good ideas https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...l-weather-enclosure-for-my-generator.2145968/
This is my setup, it has Firman Dual Fuel setup inside. Costco for $499 2 years ago. 7200 running watts on propane. Got it running about a 1/3 of the house, kitchen, den, router, master bedroom, bath, water heaters and furnace.

Runs about 40% load powering all that. 100 lb cylinder and 6 20 lb cylinders. 20 lb runs about 18-20 hours depending load. Tanks do freeze up, get a tank blanket, swap it in and out on the current cylinder.

https://www.costco.com/firman-7500w-running--9400w-peak-tri-fuel-generator.product.100648883.html Looks like the new model is a few watts less.

Darkdiesel Darkdiesel hooked it up to the transfer switch for me.

I've got a Champion 9250. It has 50 Amp capacity to run an RV if necessary or to run the house.
Bought a kit from Motor Snorkle to make it dual fuel (propane). Easy install with basic tools, installation instructions were easy to follow.
Love my set-up.

Thank you very much, guys!
Firman looks promising. We will be moving in 10 years or so. It would be nice to connect to LP, if it is available at the new place.

But Ford has more juice. Decision....

If you value your peace and quiet and don’t want your neighbors to know that you have a generator get an inverter generator they are much more expensive but they are a lot quieter. I have a predator 8750 and it’s loud as hell but it runs most of my house. I just picked up an inverter generator and you can barely hear it running from 75 feet away

Back
Top Bottom