• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proper suppressor alignment

ended up ordering a 9mm rod from https://accuracy-solutions.com/

i have 3 diff mounts to test with...then a call to sico i guess. my YHM r9 performed stellar. right at $500 OTD after stamp...the omega 9k was more...
FYI the rod is too long for the APC9, I found out the hard way. The case extractor won’t let the rod go through the receiver.

I use a Rugged obsidian 9 with their mount. No issues on my PRO.

I’ve seen people say they get strikes about everyone but Rugged and CGS 3 lug mounts.
People have complained about strikes with the rugged mount used on a obsidian 45 but not the 9.

The issue you’ll find is 3lug allows movement, if the inner sleeve of the 3 lug isn’t tight tolerance, you’ll have more movement than you should and you’ll have strikes even if the rod shows it’s good. When you use the rod, check, shake the **** out of the gun and check again.

This is the reason I got a B&T RQD can for the APC. It ratchets down and won’t move.

A14F7546-7462-4FBB-A8F8-514C2890A2A1.jpeg

FYI the rod is too long for the APC9, I found out the hard way. The case extractor won’t let the rod go through the receiver.

I use a Rugged obsidian 9 with their mount. No issues on my PRO.

I’ve seen people say they get strikes about everyone but Rugged and CGS 3 lug mounts.
People have complained about strikes with the rugged mount used on a obsidian 45 but not the 9.

The issue you’ll find is 3lug allows movement, if the inner sleeve of the 3 lug isn’t tight tolerance, you’ll have more movement than you should and you’ll have strikes even if the rod shows it’s good. When you use the rod, check, shake the **** out of the gun and check again.

This is the reason I got a B&T RQD can for the APC. It ratchets down and won’t move.

View attachment 4232178
my shorty apc9 has a cherry bomb on it with a YHM r9. no issue there. the longer one with the 3 lug is the bitch right now. I have a rugged 3 lug mount I can try as well.(it seems looser, maybe that's better?)

IF the rod shows the can out of alignment...I assume sico is ez to work with? I am also going to try it on the shorty using a plan B mount like my r9 wears.

I took out my apc9 pro to try out my sico omega 9k today. I am getting "kisses" on the very edge of the exit aperture, endcap whatever. couple of shards of bullet jacket shook out. I cannot see any damage to a baffle...just a tiny bit of copper fouling on the inside edge of the endcap hole.

b&t 3 lug barrel, griffin 3 lug adapter.

anyone have suggestions or a 9mm alignment rod before I order one?

thanks guys.
Call GA firing line, I got 556 and 762 geissele alignment rods from them yesterday in case you dont wanna wait for shipping

Let us know how SiCo responds. I have an Omega 9k in jail for a year now.

Spoke to the ATF yesterday. Mines been in jail 400+ days. She said the issue they're having is they don't have enough Examiners. Each Examiner is assigned 100-150 cases at a time. The problem is they are handling everything from FFL/SOT compliance and discrepancies, to stolen firearms, to licensing violations, and Form 1-4s. So if a particular case is sucking up time (such as fraudulent FFL inventory) then all the others have to wait.

Mine was cashed on 3/24/2021 and was JUST assigned to an Examiner on 5/6/2022. Meanwhile, some people have gotten theirs back in less than a month. It's pissing me off.

Here's the part numbers for what I ordered...labeled by caliber. They all worked perfect, and saved my a$$ on a few misaligned adapters. Used a grinder to round off the edges and smoothed them with fine sandpaper...also put labels on one end for easy identification...
IMG_20221116_002938.jpg

IMG_20221116_003223.jpg

Back
Top Bottom