• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proposed Shooting Facility Support Rome, GA

BTW. How did Saturday go for you? I know you were at an evil shooting range, still, I hope you were able to have some fun.
Other than the range protesters outside the gate and the news vans covering them, it was a great day.

We did have one protester try to run out on the 600 yard target line and chain himself to the target holders but a few true dropping rounds on the berm sent him skedaddling back to the county road.

Seriously though it was a fun day, the instruction was good for a beginner and he was geared more towards gas rifles with improvised field shooting positions. Made some great observations and good points on bipods, aiming at the "professional side of the target" and reading wind practically and quickly. I enjoyed it. Went with a club member who had just mounted his scope and we got him zeroed quickly. He was stoked to bang steel at 1,000 yards. We never had strong wind, maybe 3-5 mph most of the day with occasional gusts to 15 mph (based on my reading of the calibrated wind flags and mirage). Made some interesting observations on effects at 300 yards of cross wind vs. light wind at 800 - 1,000.

Definitely productive use of time and ammo, I'll take a match rifle next time to practice at 600 with 77 gr SMKs. I joined immediately upon seeing the range. The owner has really made something cool only an hour from Macon and membership is open. I expect most all members are IBS shooters but they might tolerate some gas gun yahoos if we keep the rate of fire down and respect their property. (not a problem for me as I work for a non profit gun club in Macon so I have a good idea what might aggravate them)

I knew it (the range) was over in Tennille, but hadn't tried to contact anyone there as I'm not into IBS (yet). Being able to shoot @ paper and steel at 1,000 yards though, without driving to CMP or paying $60/day is very nice.

I didn't see a website for the range. I guess I'll have to drive down, register, then shoot to join?

Other than the range protesters outside the gate and the news vans covering them, it was a great day.

We did have one protester try to run out on the 600 yard target line and chain himself to the target holders but a few true dropping rounds on the berm sent him skedaddling back to the county road.

Seriously though it was a fun day, the instruction was good for a beginner and he was geared more towards gas rifles with improvised field shooting positions. Made some great observations and good points on bipods, aiming at the "professional side of the target" and reading wind practically and quickly. I enjoyed it. Went with a club member who had just mounted his scope and we got him zeroed quickly. He was stoked to bang steel at 1,000 yards. We never had strong wind, maybe 3-5 mph most of the day with occasional gusts to 15 mph (based on my reading of the calibrated wind flags and mirage). Made some interesting observations on effects at 300 yards of cross wind vs. light wind at 800 - 1,000.

Definitely productive use of time and ammo, I'll take a match rifle next time to practice at 600 with 77 gr SMKs. I joined immediately upon seeing the range. The owner has really made something cool only an hour from Macon and membership is open. I expect most all members are IBS shooters but they might tolerate some gas gun yahoos if we keep the rate of fire down and respect their property. (not a problem for me as I work for a non profit gun club in Macon so I have a good idea what might aggravate them)

I knew it (the range) was over in Tennille, but hadn't tried to contact anyone there as I'm not into IBS (yet). Being able to shoot @ paper and steel at 1,000 yards though, without driving to CMP or paying $60/day is very nice.

Just signed up and asked about investor opportunity.

This is something I have been discussing with local FFLS and have thought about starting.

Also SOT on site with F/A rentals would bring business.

Thanks for the post OP and will be diving head first.

Just signed up and asked about investor opportunity.

This is something I have been discussing with local FFLS and have thought about starting.

Also SOT on site with F/A rentals would bring business.

Thanks for the post OP and will be diving head first.
They rent F/A at their range in Roswell so not far fetched.

Back
Top Bottom