• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pros and Cons of Reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can usually find steel or aluminum cased 9mm at Wally World for about $0.20 per round after tax. Otherwise, you will have to go online and buy some factory remanufactured stuff for about the same price.

9mm and 300AAC

Worth buying a reloading set up to do so?

Likely worth it if you are tailoring a load to a rifle/suppressor combo, or any rifle for that matter. I can load much higher quality ammunition that I can buy. I chrono everything and do my math, then take it to Talladega for verifying. It's satisfying. I shoot a lot of weird stuff too so reloading is the only option for me (cost-wise anyway).

Stuff like 7.7 Jap, 6.5 Jap, 6.5 Swede, .303 Brit, 40-40 Krag, 8mm Mauser, 450-500 Martini Henry, 45/70 Gov't (Black Powder pressures), etc., really is cheaper if you roll your own.

I load thousands of .45 ACP and .38 Spl. flush seated wadcutters each year and shoot them too. They are reduced power loads for Bullseye target shooting. Mid range 38 is damned near impossible to find and if you do see a couple of old boxes on a table at a gunshow it's retarded owners are asking retarded prices for it.

Likely worth it if you are tailoring a load to a rifle/suppressor combo, or any rifle for that matter. I can load much higher quality ammunition that I can buy. I chrono everything and do my math, then take it to Talladega for verifying. It's satisfying. I shoot a lot of weird stuff too so reloading is the only option for me (cost-wise anyway).

Stuff like 7.7 Jap, 6.5 Jap, 6.5 Swede, .303 Brit, 40-40 Krag, 8mm Mauser, 450-500 Martini Henry, 45/70 Gov't (Black Powder pressures), etc., really is cheaper if you roll your own.

I load thousands of .45 ACP and .38 Spl. flush seated wadcutters each year and shoot them too. They are reduced power loads for Bullseye target shooting. Mid range 38 is damned near impossible to find and if you do see a couple of old boxes on a table at a gunshow it's retarded owners are asking retarded prices for it.

Thanks man. I really do appreciate your input.

I would really only be reloading 300AAC Subs and 9mm plinking/defensive ammo

Not sure if that would merit buying a setup and reloading or not

Ive got a dillon 650 that is set up for 223. Since I got all my brass for free, my reloads are very cheap. The reloading setup should be paid for in savings in just a few thousand rounds.

I did just grab a single stage to start loading 300blk. Its very worth it to me for that caliber because theres so many things you can do with it, and pretty big cost savings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom