• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pro's VS Joe's BBQ Cook-Off *September 23rd*

Do people sell what they don't use for the competition? What does the winner get? What else go's on besides a cook off?
Everyone hands out samples to those attending the event. If you want to sell on the side outside of the samples then yes, you can. We only have 1 guy out of 18 that did that last year. The winner's prizes change from year to year. Each specific category gets plaques/engraved knives and/or certificates. Last year we gave away 2 big Yeti's and Dewalt Drill Combo Packs.

This is a fundraiser and we raise funds for the Freedom Braille Trail located at the park. The donated prizes may change from year to year but they are still awesome!

Everyone hands out samples to those attending the event. If you want to sell on the side outside of the samples then yes, you can. We only have 1 guy out of 18 that did that last year. The winner's prizes change from year to year. Each specific category gets plaques/engraved knives and/or certificates. Last year we gave away 2 big Yeti's and Dewalt Drill Combo Packs.

This is a fundraiser and we raise funds for the Freedom Braille Trail located at the park. The donated prizes may change from year to year but they are still awesome!

I would not want to be the one guy

How are the funds raised?

That sounds like the place to be. My smoking skills are so below novice that I would probably get laughed out of the park, but my eating skills are well refined.

I would not want to be the one guy

How are the funds raised?
You won't, the guy that does it runs a food truck and he will be back. Everyone that cooks does it as a competitor, that one guy is the only food truck guy we have. Most others just keep it and freeze it for later. The funds are raised by people that attend the event. They pay $10 bucks to get in an try everyone's BBQ "People's Choice"

Horsehat Horsehat I see you cookin' over there. Interested in cooking with us? We would love to have you come!
Thanks, it looks like a good time. There might be confusion as to what category I fall into and my equipment is just not made to travel. Going to put this on my calendar and come by to try some good BBQ though.

Back
Top Bottom