• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate biopsy

No sugar coating it; miserable experience. I have gone through it twice and will have more in the future. Ask for a Valium to take the morning of the procedure. My urologist was apprehensive but finally wrote the script.

On the plus side, it only takes about 15 minutes.

Buddy said he was totally unconscious, like with a colonoscopy, BUT the pre-op sheet from my Dr. indicates just a local anesthetic via needle. And others have reported like Lethal Edge.

My PSA is now 4.7, priors were "in the twos", up from around one initially about 30 years ago.

No local, and they won't put you out; no anesthesiologist. Just you, the doctor, a nurse, and a God awful spring loaded needle. 10 to 12 samples taken.

No local, and they won't put you out; no anesthesiologist. Just you, the doctor, a nurse, and a God awful spring loaded needle. 10 to 12 samples taken.

A friend of the family had to have two completed over time. The first one like your's sir, and he said was a miserable experience. The second one after he complained that he wasn't going to do that again, another doctor setup to where he was put under. He told me "what ever you do, ask or require the doctor to have an anesthesiologist there and put you under". I would ask your doctor.

Good luck.

This, a buddy of mine had it done and said he thought the Doc let loose a hive of bumblebees in his butt. As LethalEdge said you will be awake too.

After years of increasing psa readings, got tired of doc beyatching and agreed to biopsy. Negative, thankfully, but...
All the above, not that painful but mine seemed to send my prostate into a growth spurt which choked off my urethra.
Multiple trips to ER and doc’s office to be catheterized, learned to self cath and did that 6 times daily for about six months. That chit gets old quick.
Finally went in for surgery to trim that bad boy, best money United HealthCare ever spent.

Oh yeah, more fun I forgot to tell you... On the pre-procedure side, you have to give yourself an enema the morning of. And after, look forward to blood in your urine and ejaculate. Nasty.

Local. Not as bad as many indicate. Have had much worse experiences.
Watched it on tv. Went 12/12 but saved my life.
Considering that, it’s a breeze.

Don’t do it man! Unless you think your gonna die. The doctor was smiling :thumb:
When he “assaulted me” :shocked: I felt like I should have pressed charges, especially
After I had to pay for the abuse.

NEVER AGAIN SHALL I. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom