• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

DaVinci is a very good option, much less nerve/muscle damage, which means much more normal recovery....and functional recovery of your man parts, not guaranteed, but much better odds. Good news/bad news.....good news is you are knocked out when they do the DaVinci, bad news is that...as I understand it...they fold you up like a damn pretzel and stand you on your head when they operate, to get you in the right position.
But, you are knocked out so who gives a schit.

Year before last was diagnosed with Prostate cancer. My PSA went from 3.9 to 14.9 in four months. I underwent 45 rounds of radiation. I had to go five days a week until finished. I also had to take Lupron shots every 6 months and the last one is scheduled for this October.
They checked the PSA a couple of months ago and it was down to 0.019.
I am 80 at present.
June 13th they had to remove a huge kidney stone 9.5mm caught between the ureter and bladder going up with a laser to break up the stone. Unfortunately the wall between the colon and bladder created a fistula, possibly because the radiation had weakened the tissue between the two.
This resulted and still has partly what is coming out the rear is also coming out the front. Not good.
I got pretty sick a couple of weeks ago and went to the emergency room. I had Sepsis and Ecoli in the blood. I stayed 7 days in the Hospital.
The gave me a lot of antibiotics and did a cystogram with dye in the bladder to see what was going on.
They removed another small stone in the other ureter and put in a stent.
I have been going to get an infusion of antibiotics every day so far and will continue for three weeks I think.
I am also scheduled to see the Colorectal Surgeon next week to repair the fistula. He is also certified in Robotic surgery.
And a good time was had by all. Good luck to everyone who has the big PC.

I was diagnosed in 2000 (at that time 56 years) and we elected to have the seed implants. minimal radiation and no chemo. I am now 75 and still doing great...my PSA on an annual basis is less than 0.1
It worked well for me...Since have been diagnosed and had surgery for colorectal cancer in 2014...Had all large intestine removed and have a colostomy. BUT, the outcome was really good...no radiation or chemo and have a checkup (through the ostomy) since they removed the anus too...been doing great...feel good and still working in the gun industry!!!

Year before last was diagnosed with Prostate cancer. My PSA went from 3.9 to 14.9 in four months. I underwent 45 rounds of radiation. I had to go five days a week until finished. I also had to take Lupron shots every 6 months and the last one is scheduled for this October.
They checked the PSA a couple of months ago and it was down to 0.019.
I am 80 at present.
June 13th they had to remove a huge kidney stone 9.5mm caught between the ureter and bladder going up with a laser to break up the stone. Unfortunately the wall between the colon and bladder created a fistula, possibly because the radiation had weakened the tissue between the two.
This resulted and still has partly what is coming out the rear is also coming out the front. Not good.
I got pretty sick a couple of weeks ago and went to the emergency room. I had Sepsis and Ecoli in the blood. I stayed 7 days in the Hospital.
The gave me a lot of antibiotics and did a cystogram with dye in the bladder to see what was going on.
They removed another small stone in the other ureter and put in a stent.
I have been going to get an infusion of antibiotics every day so far and will continue for three weeks I think.
I am also scheduled to see the Colorectal Surgeon next week to repair the fistula. He is also certified in Robotic surgery.
And a good time was had by all. Good luck to everyone who has the big PC.

Prayers sent your way. You're one tough cookie brother. That's a LOT to go through.

My dad was diagnosed with same. When they did take his prostrate out he had a lot of side affects. Looking back now I would have choose to wait , do chemotherapeutic. He past away 8 years ago from liver cancer not related to prostrate. His hormones went crazy. Get more than 1 option. I pray for you. That form of cancer is slow growing. It is very important that you keep healthy. He was a heavy drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 55, not 70, but got diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer last year. At my age it was recommended that the prostate be removed. Oct last year, I had it removed, April this year the middle incision broke loose and my intestines shot out. I had to have hernia surgery where they found a dense mass the size of a tennis ball, but did not remove it. I had surgery yesterday morning to drain the mass, which had grown to the size of a baseball and turned out to me Lymphatic fluid. I have been in constant pain the past month, and have lost about 50k in deductibles/lost wages in the past 2+ years.
At your age, if the Doc recommends sitting back and watching it for a few years, I highly agree. Prostate cancer is VERY slow growing, and could take decades to present a problem...Not knowing how advanced your cancer already is makes it hard to give any advice. I know I've been through HELL since the day they told me it was cancer.

You and I did a deal just a few months after your first surgery - I know you were on a good mend at that time - sorry to hear of the follow on issues - best of luck in your journey back to robust health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom