• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

I went through a prostate cancer scare when I was 43, PSA score was borderline but they wanted to be sure so I had a biopsy, which thankfully came back negative.
I'm overdue for a checkup...
Hope everything works out for you P pop5 .

I actually know quite a bit... so step back a second... It’s not if we as older males will get prostate cancer, it’s when.. Your PSA is pretty low...

There 2 schools of thought based on who you see. One group treats medically, the other treats surgically... That is each of their beliefs, and expertise/training. Oncologist choose Radiation Or Seeds.. Urologist’s treat surgically... either robotic, open or a third way called cryoablation.. Filling the lesion into an Nitrogen, to create an ice ball to attain tissue/cell death.. Side effects are the ball freezes in prostate, that can create bleeding after thawing. One of the first treatments available along with seeds/radiation.

The easiest way and most Robotically trained Urologist treat, is with a partial robotic prostatectomy. It is great survival data easy to replicate with great outcomes, with excellent long term data.

Down side of any prostate surgery is that your nerve bundle that controls erectile function lies within the prostate. There is a chance for ED...

I wish you well

Im beginning the same journey as what you are going thru now, My psa went from 4.6 to 10 in one year. Im scheduled for a biopsy on the 30th of this month. Im 60 and never had any heath problems till now.

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. PSA was 5.07 and Urologist did biopsy on me. Took 12 core samples and 3 came back positive. Gleason score of 6, low grade, non-aggressive. We discussed treatment and the options were: Active surveillance, surgery to remove prostate, external beam radiation, and radioactive seed therapy.

Urologist sent me to a Radiology Oncologist for a consultation. After digital exam and lengthy discussion and explanation, RO recommended 5 weeks of external beam radiation followed by seed therapy treatment. I am 72 years old and in good health otherwise.

Anyone of my ODT friends out there had this combination treatment, or, any other treatment? I would like to hear from you as to your experience, results, side effects, etc.. Any information that you can share with me will be appreciated.
I’m 72 now and 9 years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had the small and then the big biopsy and did my study on the 3 ways to proceed then and I selected the surgery to remove the prostate. Well, I have checkups every year now, started off every 6 months but now just yearly. Everything fine for me except yes I have ED but my wife and I just celebrated our 50th anniversary and we’re very happy I’m alive and well. It’s not fun to go through but I wanted the cancer out, so that was the path I took and it worked for me. Each and every case can work different it’s just a decision you have to make, GOOD LUCK.

had it in my left eyeball, Emory blasted with radiation for 7 days and its been gone since, 5 yr checkup in 2 weeks, praying for you bro.
hands 1.png

I had Prostate cancer in 2017 and I was 79 then. In a period of 4months it went from normal to 14.9. The biopsy pics showed three quadrants 100% and one was 65%. I did 45rounds of external beam radiation and every six months for two years a Lupron shot. My PSA as of now is 0.8. My testosterone went down to 0 at first but is now at an 8. The Doc said normal testosterone is around 400.
I have to see the Oncologist every six months and they draw blood to test the Testosterone and PSA. Good luck and God Bless P pop5

Back
Top Bottom