• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

Update: I chose external radiation and seed therapy. I have had 21 external treatments with 4 more to go. Thank God and knock on wood, but I have had NO side effects from the external radiation, none. I have a farm and the radiation treatments have not slowed me down one bit. I live about 25 miles from my radiation clinic and it takes me much long to drive back and forth than the procedure takes. I only lay under the machine for about 10 minutes. After external radiation, I will have the seeds put in my prostate. This is what my radiology oncologist suggested as the best treatment for me. I will have the seeds implanted about a month after the external radiation treatments are over. Did I make the right choice, I do not know. I chose the treatment that my Urologist and Radiologist recommended for me, and, I feel good about the treatment that I chose and I am at peace with it. I thank all of my ODT friends for your prayers, comments and support. I am also praying for others that have the same medical diagnosis. I do not know what the future holds, none of us do. But, I do know the ONE that does, and, my trust is in HIM.

Update: I chose external radiation and seed therapy. I have had 21 external treatments with 4 more to go. Thank God and knock on wood, but I have had NO side effects from the external radiation, none. I have a farm and the radiation treatments have not slowed me down one bit. I live about 25 miles from my radiation clinic and it takes me much long to drive back and forth than the procedure takes. I only lay under the machine for about 10 minutes. After external radiation, I will have the seeds put in my prostate. This is what my radiology oncologist suggested as the best treatment for me. I will have the seeds implanted about a month after the external radiation treatments are over. Did I make the right choice, I do not know. I chose the treatment that my Urologist and Radiologist recommended for me, and, I feel good about the treatment that I chose and I am at peace with it. I thank all of my ODT friends for your prayers, comments and support. I am also praying for others that have the same medical diagnosis. I do not know what the future holds, none of us do. But, I do know the ONE that does, and, my trust is in HIM.

Hope it all works out for you. As my post stated, RCOG implanted 99 seeds before external radiation which started 30 days after seed implantation. This was 16 years ago. Of course procedures change as time goes on and they learn which is best.

Amen Brother

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. PSA was 5.07 and Urologist did biopsy on me. Took 12 core samples and 3 came back positive. Gleason score of 6, low grade, non-aggressive. We discussed treatment and the options were: Active surveillance, surgery to remove prostate, external beam radiation, and radioactive seed therapy.

Urologist sent me to a Radiology Oncologist for a consultation. After digital exam and lengthy discussion and explanation, RO recommended 5 weeks of external beam radiation followed by seed therapy treatment. I am 72 years old and in good health otherwise.

Anyone of my ODT friends out there had this combination treatment, or, any other treatment? I would like to hear from you as to your experience, results, side effects, etc.. Any information that you can share with me will be appreciated.

i will Pray for you, I'm glad it was caught early.

Back
Top Bottom