• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

Joining the Prostate Cancer club. Diagnosed last month. At 65 years old PSA was 4.7 but Gleason showed a couple of 9's. Had the biopsy then CT scan and bone scan. Undecided as of yet which procedure to get.

Met with my Urologist, then the surgeon to make sure he would not have trouble doing robotic surgery on a 6'3" 305 pound guy. He said he's done bigger. Next step is meeting with a Radiology Oncologist to discuss his procedure with radiation. Hope to have a plan in place in a few weeks that works for me.

I appreciate reading all the postings here. Good support group.

Joining the Prostate Cancer club. Diagnosed last month. At 65 years old PSA was 4.7 but Gleason showed a couple of 9's. Had the biopsy then CT scan and bone scan. Undecided as of yet which procedure to get.

Met with my Urologist, then the surgeon to make sure he would not have trouble doing robotic surgery on a 6'3" 305 pound guy. He said he's done bigger. Next step is meeting with a Radiology Oncologist to discuss his procedure with radiation. Hope to have a plan in place in a few weeks that works for me.

I appreciate reading all the postings here. Good support group.
Any news?

Any news?

Meeting with Radiology Oncologists on Monday and Tuesday. I wanted a second opinion for that. Then meet with my primary Urologist later in the week to set up a plan. Still not decided one way or the other. Slightly leaning toward Radiation only because if they do surgery to remove they still want to radiate around the area to be sure they got everything. So if they going to radiation anyway I don't see why I want to get surgery.
Either way has a good success rate but each has its own set of pros and cons.

Meeting with Radiology Oncologists on Monday and Tuesday. I wanted a second opinion for that. Then meet with my primary Urologist later in the week to set up a plan. Still not decided one way or the other. Slightly leaning toward Radiation only because if they do surgery to remove they still want to radiate around the area to be sure they got everything. So if they going to radiation anyway I don't see why I want to get surgery.
Either way has a good success rate but each has its own set of pros and cons.
Hope you do well. We all have to make make decisions we hopefully can live with.

My urologist recommended surgery over radiation because I had 7 out of 12 positive biopsy samples and My cancer is still confined to the prostrate. Im going in later in October to see a robotic surgeon at wellstar in Roswell, He is supposed to be one of the best surgeons on prostrate cancer in the nation.

My urologist recommended surgery over radiation because I had 7 out of 12 positive biopsy samples and My cancer is still confined to the prostrate. Im going in later in October to see a robotic surgeon at wellstar in Roswell, He is supposed to be one of the best surgeons on prostrate cancer in the nation.

There are some fantastic Emory Trained Urologists at Wellstar.
I wish you the best....

I was counseled to have a Nuclear Bone Scan before any treatment to find out if the cancer had spread. The radiologist and surgeon would not do it and stated it was not necessary. They were wrong.

From 11.7 PSA at the start of treatment with seeds and external beam radiation the PSA jumped to almost 42. They were shocked and apologetic but said they did not know it had already spread.

I have always wondered if insurance drove their actions.

Good news is......I’m still here to tell the story. As I have already posted, I’m 25% into the 9th year and have been asked to baptize on of my granddaughters! So glad to still be here BUT also made my peace and am ready to go on to what’s next! Hope and Peace.

I was counseled to have a Nuclear Bone Scan before any treatment to find out if the cancer had spread. The radiologist and surgeon would not do it and stated it was not necessary. They were wrong.

From 11.7 PSA at the start of treatment with seeds and external beam radiation the PSA jumped to almost 42. They were shocked and apologetic but said they did not know it had already spread.

I have always wondered if insurance drove their actions.

Good news is......I’m still here to tell the story. As I have already posted, I’m 25% into the 9th year and have been asked to baptize on of my granddaughters! So glad to still be here BUT also made my peace and am ready to go on to what’s next! Hope and Peace.

Great story...! As a cancer survivor I made my peace 25 years ago.. I haven’t looked back

Back
Top Bottom