• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PRS... RIFLE? CALIBER? RANGE? AND TRAINING?

Screenshot_20210726-211658_Google.jpg

I am a new PRS competitor. I have different advice. Get a Bergara B14R 22lr, a new Vortex Venom 5-25 FFP MRAD or Bushnell Match PRO FFP MRAD. A Harris bipod, one bag like an Armageddon Game Changer. A whole bunch of CCI SV ammunition. Then start shooting NRL or PRS 22 matches. You will learn more faster. Then get the center fire PRS rifle and scope. You will have a much better idea of what you need and want. If you just have to get a center fire PRS rifle, get a 6mm Creedmoor or a 6.5 Creedmoor skip 308. I have found three used very nice full custom PRS rifles in Atlanta and there are always some on ODT. Shoot out the barrel on the used rifle then you will know what you want to rebarrel to. Recognize that to compete in PRS you will spend a lot of time on the road as matches are 4+ hours from Atlanta.

I am a new PRS competitor. I have different advice. Get a Bergara B14R 22lr, a new Vortex Venom 5-25 FFP MRAD or Bushnell Match PRO FFP MRAD. A Harris bipod, one bag like an Armageddon Game Changer. A whole bunch of CCI SV ammunition. Then start shooting NRL or PRS 22 matches. You will learn more faster. Then get the center fire PRS rifle and scope. You will have a much better idea of what you need and want. If you just have to get a center fire PRS rifle, get a 6mm Creedmoor or a 6.5 Creedmoor skip 308. I have found three used very nice full custom PRS rifles in Atlanta and there are always some on ODT. Shoot out the barrel on the used rifle then you will know what you want to rebarrel to. Recognize that to compete in PRS you will spend a lot of time on the road as matches are 4+ hours from Atlanta.
Atleast recommend quality 22 ammo.

Back
Top Bottom