• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PS4 don't buy from the flippers on here

fair enough, but if you are drawing a line so low that its immoral to profit of a video game console I dont think you are leaving room for any kind of market speculation or capitalism.

To some the term "market speculation" is a very vague term that is unknown to an average consumer and it's primary function is an excuse to raise prices. I compare it to other terms known as global warming and oil futures. Y2K was the best market speculation theory created in my lifetime.

Where should the capitalism line be drawn regarding a gaming console or Apple whatever? 50%, 100% or go all out with 500%?
At what range does it change from capitalism to gouging?

To some the term "market speculation" is a very vague term that is unknown to an average consumer and it's primary function is an excuse to raise prices. I compare it to other terms known as global warming and oil futures. Y2K was the best market speculation theory created in my lifetime.

Where should the capitalism line be drawn regarding a gaming console or Apple whatever? 50%, 100% or go all out with 500%?
At what range does it change from capitalism to gouging?

Unless it is something without which live can not go on, it never does. I am so sick of people crying "gouging" over ammo and weapons. Food and water are one thing.....but not much else can be "gouged."

Holy crap we agree on something. :confused:
That makes 3 of us.

Mrlinebacker: I believe an Iphone at msrp 700ish has a margin of more than 400% over its parts while the after market price of a PS4 600ish has maybe a 100% combined. what makes one fair and the other gouging in your mind? Bottom line I have a PS4 and you dont nananananana deal with it :)

Last edited:
I like gougers a lot better than I like people who keep their panties in a wad over what other people do with their own money, their own time, and their own stuff. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

I personally do not care for speculators for one they are responsible for keeping the gas prices high, first excuse was Katrina and they have been high ever since with out a major event. as for ammo flippers they can sell for what the market stands but i kind of lump them in with the oil guys they are part responsible for the shortage, Not a major part at all but part. ok done with my rant. Have a happy T day

That makes 3 of us.

Mrlinebacker: I believe an Iphone at msrp 700ish has a margin of more than 400% over its parts while the after market price of a PS4 600ish has maybe a 100% combined. what makes one fair and the other gouging in your mind? Bottom line I have a PS4 and you dont nananananana deal with it :)

LOL, good answer. I see my sarcasm still works.

All in jest gentlemen, all in jest. I could care less about a PS1,2,3 or 4, because I would even know how to turn it on,lol
p.s. my panties aren't in a wad, because I wear a thong.

That makes 3 of us.

You have to factor more than the cost of "parts" when you capitalize a product. You have to factor R&D, Marketing, Advertisement, Development, Manufacturing & Labor expense, etc.

You have to factor more than the cost of "parts" when you capitalize a product. You have to factor R&D, Marketing, Advertisement, Development, Manufacturing & Labor expense, etc.

You were on track until you hit the labor portion .... Chinese sweat shop labor is relatively cheap these days .... you'd be surprised what you can get accomplished with a pack of Ramen noodles as a bonus :nod:

Back
Top Bottom