• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA 300BO Pistol $479.00

I would ask the bigger question....why do people hate PSA?....just research and look at reviews of PSA products...specifically AR 15s, and also their customer wervoce response....you know the saying "Buy once, Cry once"

I would ask the bigger question....why do people hate PSA?....just research and look at reviews of PSA products...specifically AR 15s, and also their customer wervoce response....you know the saying "Buy once, Cry once"
I’ve had close to 20 different PSA guns. Mostly ARs & 1 AKV. I have no delusion that they’re BCM, Daniel Defense, or any other top tier manufacturer. But, the few issues I’ve had were rectified quickly via CS and handled appropriately.

I don’t necessarily think that I’d carry a PSA in Afghanistan, but luckily for me, I’ll never have to. For the vast majority of shooters that shoot 200 rounds a year, you’re not gonna beat PSA for the price.

I’m sure there are some QC outliers that are literal bombs waiting to go off, but I also understand that PSA produces a metric crap ton of guns. So, if you were to compile the statistics, I’d imagine they’d lean heavily in PSA’s favor.

The argument against PSA and the other 'budget' builders is that you'll end up spending more on pimping it up (oops, "upgrading it") than if you'd just bought what you wanted to begin with. It's real easy with AR15s to end up with 1 AR15, plus a box full of parts that you'll never use, will find it impossible to give away, which scold you every time you see them about how you wasted so much time and money.

A bit like holsters, really.

I own one (two if you count the S&W 15/22) AR pattern firearm. It was pretty expensive, but I had it built exactly the way I wanted it, and the only additional parts I have for it are a buffer spring and a BCG, which are deliberate 'spares'.

If you're not sure what you want, either talk to someone knowledgable who can discuss the options, or just buy the PSA and get to discover what you need to buy next time. From what I have seen here, cmshoot from TruPrep is an approachable guy - and he should be able to guide you in figuring out if 'cheap' is the way to go or not.

Back
Top Bottom