• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA AR 10

My PSA AR10 had problems with short stroking out of the box - even with M80 NATO loads.

Drilled the gas port out and runs like a champ now.

The BCG was also pitted out of the box. PSA provided a label and replaced it without too much hassle.

I paid a lot more than $700 for mine, so I'd say it's worth a gamble. Lots of fun to shoot.

IMG_9539.JPG

Run away and don't stop like their is a loin on you ass. Look for a preowned DPMS. I would have to say they are a lot better than a PSA.
That statement might be a stretch. I can't say I'd ever push someone to a DPMS rifle... but I don't have any experience with their 308 flavors. Maybe they're nicer than the 5.56 guns :p

Bottomline... since there's no "mil-spec" for the AR10/308 platform... it's certainly more a "tinkerers" gun... unless you are spending well in excess of $1,000 to a maker that has their recipe dialed-in.

I've got a DPMS 308 and it was way over gassed. Changed out the gas block for adjustable one and have been shooting it for several years. Are you going to be using this gun suppressed? If you haven't shot one before, I would try to put a few rounds down range and see if it is something you want as they are not 223's. Biggest issue I see with PSA is that the uppers/lowers are not to DPMS standards and you will always have to run them together. Like several people have said, the AR10's are not standardized like AR15 parts.

Have you started to see the trend? Whatever you get, it may take very minor tinkering to get it to work flawlessly. I have a PSA and it does great. I would have gone with a DPMS (you can find them for $600) but I found the PSA AR10 with furniture upgrades (magpul stock, free floating handguard) for the same price so it was a no brainer.

Regardless of what you go with, brace yourself for the price of ammo.

Have you started to see the trend? Whatever you get, it may take very minor tinkering to get it to work flawlessly. I have a PSA and it does great. I would have gone with a DPMS (you can find them for $600) but I found the PSA AR10 with furniture upgrades (magpul stock, free floating handguard) for the same price so it was a no brainer.

Regardless of what you go with, brace yourself for the price of ammo.
:nod: You can find some Milsurp from some of the online retailers for the range, but even that comes in above $.50/rd

Back
Top Bottom