• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA Ar & Ak for $900!

I had a horrific experience with a PSAK47. Took four months and sending the rifle back to PSA to get rifle with the correct parts. I am still real bitter about getting an incomplete rifle with cast parts. PSA made it right, but it was not a fun experience.

At the end of the day, it's your money and you spend it how you want to spend it. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones (at least with respect to the AKs). I have had vastly better luck with PSA AR components.

I had a horrific experience with a PSAK47. Took four months and sending the rifle back to PSA to get rifle with the correct parts. I am still real bitter about getting an incomplete rifle with cast parts. PSA made it right, but it was not a fun experience.

At the end of the day, it's your money and you spend it how you want to spend it. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones (at least with respect to the AKs). I have had vastly better luck with PSA AR components.

I feel you, I bought one of the early GB2 batch that had some cast carriers mixed in. My rifle worked fine, but I felt better returning it because I couldn't be sure of what I had. I had to harass PSA to get my money (they had the rifle for nearly 2 weeks before refunding me, after saying it would be refunded the day they received it). I took that money and bought a solid WASR 10/63 with some cash leftover.

I wouldn't be against buying a PSAK 47 in the future (at the right price) but for the money a well inspected WASR is a better rifle at a better price currently.

I feel you, I bought one of the early GB2 batch that had some cast carriers mixed in. My rifle worked fine, but I felt better returning it because I couldn't be sure of what I had. I had to harass PSA to get my money (they had the rifle for nearly 2 weeks before refunding me, after saying it would be refunded the day they received it). I took that money and bought a solid WASR 10/63 with some cash leftover.

I wouldn't be against buying a PSAK 47 in the future (at the right price) but for the money a well inspected WASR is a better rifle at a better price currently.

Your rifle must have been jacked up worse than mine - they sent mine back to me. Honestly, I wish they had just refunded me. Should have just saved up some extra money and gotten an SLR-107R instead.

Your rifle must have been jacked up worse than mine - they sent mine back to me. Honestly, I wish they had just refunded me. Should have just saved up some extra money and gotten an SLR-107R instead.
No mine was fine, I told them I only wanted a refund. I emailed with Joe in their customer service dept (akcs@palmettostatearmory.com) and he said that if I wasn't satisfied they would refund me fully. They did and I was only out the $20 from the FFL xfer and my time.

No mine was fine, I told them I only wanted a refund. I emailed with Joe in their customer service dept (akcs@palmettostatearmory.com) and he said that if I wasn't satisfied they would refund me fully. They did and I was only out the $20 from the FFL xfer and my time.
That's not bad at all. I admit that I was a little surprised to hear that they would take back a gun and issue a refund. Glad they made it mostly right in the end.

Back
Top Bottom