PSA: Coyote stank

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
That coyote you shoot in the summer off the back deck and leave where it lay because it was out of sight in tall grass and far enough that the smell wouldn't be an issue.... well it's not far enough. It's never far enough. No matter how many times you convince yourself it's far enough, it's not.

That coyote you shoot in the summer off the back deck and leave where it lay because it was out of sight in tall grass and far enough that the smell wouldn't be an issue.... well it's not far enough. It's never far enough. No matter how many times you convince yourself it's far enough, it's not.

It's like herpes. It will go away eventually.

Powder lime is your friend

Same thing with snapping turtles…NEVER far enough…

I remember the first coyote I shot, some 25 + years ago.

We didn't know anything about, we drug it up to where we parked when hunting. Looked at it, took some pictures, left off in the edge of the woods.

Came back the next week, we had to find a new parking area, couldn't use the original one for the rest of the season. I HAVE never smelled any thing that stank that bad.

Back
Top Bottom