• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA Nitride Barrels Good or Bad?

The only place that I have found on the PSA website that states that the barrel is made by FN is in their fully assembled uppers. I recently purchased a CHF barrel from them, but there is no statement that it came from FN. But, on the other hand, where do you get a CHF barrel for what they sell them for. BCM starts at $350 plus for their barrels and I don't remember if any of those are CHF. I watched a video or two on CHF barrels and there is more to it than just knowing that they will last longer. Now, whether or not nitride is better than chrome/ chrome is better than nitride, is not a debate that I have the knowledge to get into. I only know what I read.

But, since your looking for 10.5", I don't think any of this matters.

So I just finished browsing the PSA Industry section on ARFCOM and theres a big whohah about PSA not being clear about what kind of barrel you're getting with what upper/etc. Since they have a few lines/tiers/levels of products people are concerned and confused as to what they are actually getting and PSA's rep didn't care to elaborate.

Yea I did see this barrel but was debating, if I go this route should I just go and get a LMT 10.5 upper?

If you can find one in stock and you perfer LMT over Noveske. Id have to compaire specs on the two before I made a decision again. I've owned the Noveske barrel in provided link a while back and had no complaints. I'm surprised that this one is available as I had to sign up for restock email notification. So, if you're serious you need to act quick as they only have one in stock.

Check out Faxon if you haven't already, they have a good selection and seem pretty straight-up on how they do their barrels.

BTW, one of their engineers has a fantastic, deep dive with InRangeTV on everything related to barrels and a lot more.

Check out Faxon if you haven't already, they have a good selection and seem pretty straight-up on how they do their barrels.

BTW, one of their engineers has a fantastic, deep dive with InRangeTV on everything related to barrels and a lot more.

Yea I did look at Faxon amongst others and I feed good reviews. They seem to do a good job with building their barrels but they dont have the specs I'm looking forward, namely the taper pin cuts. I did find that Anderson has a semi-complete upper in the configuration but I dont know anything about their barrels.

If I were you I would go with Ballistic Advantage. Their barrels are competitively priced and come with a 1 MOA guarantee with good ammo. Like the guy said in a previous post it's a crap shoot with PSA. I just simply stay away period. You can get one of their modern series barrels for around 160 and one of their performance series barrels are right around 200. I would rather pay a little more and get a good barrel from the start rather than gamble with 120 bucks. If the barrel doesn't perform to your expectations they will send you another no questions ask. If you are willing to go a little higher their Hanson barrels are getting rave reviews. I have used a couple barrels from them and they are excellent barrels for a very good price. I highly recommend them. 120 for the length you are looking at.

Back
Top Bottom