• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSAK-GF3 or WASR? Talk me into one.

View attachment 2240182

I can't believe this was even a choice, wasr all the way, **** psa and their garbage.
Yeah, dang American company making and machining all this stuff and trying to make a good AK. They are just the worst....

Get both AK's. I don't have the third version of the PSA but I will. I think it's awesome what they are doing.

What's wrong with Zastava's? I thought yugo's were decent AK's.
Npap is Serbian slab side and not considered the same as Original Yugo AKs from Zastava using bulged RPK trunnions and a thicker 1.5mm receiver (for grenade launching but also results in a beefy tank of an AK) nPaps have shown a lot of issues with weak heat treat receivers, egging of trigger hammer pin holes, cracked receivers etc. OPap using bulged RPK front trunnions and thicker receivers, and of course any true Yugoslavian parts kit built well with Og parts are wonderful AKMs that will last the end user many many years

Yugos Original barrels were never chrome lined so any surplus barrels in parts kits are usually trashed sewer rods.

I use green mountain chrome lined finned barrels for my Yugo RPK type builds

Npap is Serbian slab side and not considered the same as Original Yugo AKs from Zastava using bulged RPK trunnions and a thicket 1.5mm receiver (for grenade launching but also results in a beefy tank of an AK) nPaps have shown a lot of issues with weak heat treat receivers, egging of trigger hammer pin holes, cracked receivers etc. OPap using bulged RPK front trunnions and thicker receivers, and of course any true Yugoslavian parts kit built well with Og parts are wonderful AKMs that will last the end user many many years

Yugos Original barrels were never chrome lined so any surplus barrels in parts kits are usually trashed sewer rods.

I use green mountain chrome lined finned barrels for my Yugo RPK type builds
Good info on the npap! So are any good paps coming in anymore? Are they not built at the same zastava plant as they used to be?

AK63DS (x2), TGI import AMD65, SAR-1, DCI marked Yugo M70AB2, DCI marked Yugo M70B1, WASR 10/63. All were bought this year, most expensive one was $600. Next most expensive was $535. Deals are out there, there was a WASR listed here last week for $550. Why anyone would buy an American AK for the same price is beyond me. The import stuff will hold it's value and even increase, the American AK will probably decrease. The warranty is nice, yeah, but who wants to deal with shipping back and forth to fix a problem that shouldn't exist to begin with? Granted, some of the above are American built but on Combloc parts kits.

Good info on the npap! So are any good paps coming in anymore? Are they not built at the same zastava plant as they used to be?
I love the OPaps and m85 and m92 PAPs and depending on your use and the price the problems of the old Npaps may be disappearing and fading, but this I cannot confirm nor deny. Love the Pap pistols though.
All pistol length AKs are rough Hell even Draco Cs and Mini/Micros etc give up the ghost when ran as post-sample machine guns or hard, but I still love them too.

Same plant I believe, Zastava is Zastava (I may be wrong) but different QC for export than the Yugos had for milspec iirc

Thanks everyone for the advice. It was good to see a few PSA votes, but the consensus was overwhelmingly WASR. So I ended up pulling the proverbial trigger on a WASR. Gonna rig it up with a Midwest Industries side mount and Romeo5 red dot. Also ordered a VG6 epsilon brake for it. Looking forward to my first AK!

Thanks everyone for the advice. It was good to see a few PSA votes, but the consensus was overwhelmingly WASR. So I ended up pulling the proverbial trigger on a WASR. Gonna rig it up with a Midwest Industries side mount and Romeo5 red dot. Also ordered a VG6 epsilon brake for it. Looking forward to my first AR!

Great choice!

Thanks everyone for the advice. It was good to see a few PSA votes, but the consensus was overwhelmingly WASR. So I ended up pulling the proverbial trigger on a WASR. Gonna rig it up with a Midwest Industries side mount and Romeo5 red dot. Also ordered a VG6 epsilon brake for it. Looking forward to my first AR!

Freudian slip?

Back
Top Bottom