• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pt1911 reviews/upgrades

Love my Taurus! It's the AL model they don't make any more so it's lighter weight.

Front strap checkering, beavertail, and a nice trigger right out of the box.

IMHO it's one of the best values in 1911's. Mine's accurate and reliable.

Haven't really done anything to it other than shoot it. I did put one of those buffers in it 'cause you got steel vs aluminum going on but other than that, nothing.

Love my Taurus! It's the AL model they don't make any more so it's lighter weight.

Front strap checkering, beavertail, and a nice trigger right out of the box.

IMHO it's one of the best values in 1911's. Mine's accurate and reliable.

Haven't really done anything to it other than shoot it. I did put one of those buffers in it 'cause you got steel vs aluminum going on but other than that, nothing.
Thank you! That's the kinda info I was in hopes of !

A 1911 is a great platform. Even the lesser expensive ones are balanced, feel great in the hand and are a joy shoot. Just make sure the one you are getting hasn't been shot out. Getting a low round count gun is paramount. No matter what manufacturer it is.

IMG_2759.JPG
Went ahead n got it. Great shooter, surprisingly accurate. When I shot it and closed my eyes I swear I had $250 more money in my pocket than I'd had if I'd bought a " name brand" !!! I really appreciate all the input from you folks!

Nice selection. I love the two tone look. Congrats my friend you really made a good decision. I would like to have one that looked like that for my truck gun. I doesn't look like a 425 gun. I am really glad you like it. Well done!

If you get a wild hair and want to upgrade to some Wilson Combat parts, start collecting and when you get them all. Take a drive up to Acworth and I will put them in for you and you can learn the in's and out's of the 1911. It looks more complicated than it is. Sometimes I take a gun apart and think to myself. Who ever built this gun was a genius. Such a great gun but unbelievably simple.
The first thing I would do after a trigger job is the extended lever slide catch. If you don't have real long and strong fingers you have to rep position the gun and it can be hard to release the slide after a mag dump. The Wilson Combat extended lever and the extended mag release are a must. For a total of about 60 bucks you can dump the mag and release the slide with one finger. The extended lever really gives you a better fulcrum and lever design that make it a easy and quick reload. It's the best 35 bucks you will ever spend. You will learn to separate the slide and frame to clean and you just replace this when you re-assemble. Nothing hard at all.
shopwilsoncombat.com_images_7S_202.jpg

View attachment 1304834Went ahead n got it. Great shooter, surprisingly accurate. When I shot it and closed my eyes I swear I had $250 more money in my pocket than I'd had if I'd bought a " name brand" !!! I really appreciate all the input from you folks!

That looks like the AL model. Is the lower aluminum?

Be sure to keep a nice coat of grease on the rails and you'll be golden.

Dang, now I want to go out and shoot mine...maybe tomorrow.

That looks like the AL model. Is the lower aluminum?

Be sure to keep a nice coat of grease on the rails and you'll be golden.

Dang, now I want to go out and shoot mine...maybe tomorrow.
I've had several striker fired and wheel guns since I parted with my last 1911. Shooting it felt really good!

Back
Top Bottom