• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pt99 Taurus

Davis404

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   2
Reaction score
Whats you guys opinions of a Taurus pt99 on reliability and such any experienced owners and all would please leave feedback thanks...

I used to have the pt101 which is the .40 version. Very nice gun IMO with good fit and finish, and it ran well with no problems. Honestly, I couldn't see a difference in quality between it and my Beretta. I preferred the safety to the one on the Beretta. Flips down for off instead of up like on the Beretta.

I don't care for the IMO gaudy branding and roll marks they seem to put on the Taurus pistols these days. The older ones had smaller and more subdued roll marks on the sides instead of the large color filled ones I've seen in recent years. I think some of their large frame revolvers look nice if it were not for the large flashy "raging bull" and "tracker" billboards along the sides...

I had an early 1990's vintage Taurus PT92 (fixed sights, satin nickel finish, wood stocks) that was the most reliable semi-auto gun I've ever owned.
I liked everything about it EXCEPT the enormously thick grip frame and long reach to the trigger for that Double-Action first shot.

Back
Top Bottom