• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Public Service Notice For Sellers

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
If you are listing a used gun that is still available from distributors, it is probably a good idea to compare your asking price to theirs. I just ran across a listing that I thought might be something I would want. I went to the Grabagun website to see how much money I would be saving by getting the used gun here. The same gun (NIB) is on their website is $519 (no tax). If I add their shipping cost of $7.99 and my FFL fee of $15 that brings the total cost to $541.99 for the new gun. The used gun is listed here for $600. How much am I saving?

The distance to my FFL is less than 5 miles. The distance to get the new gun is more than 100 miles. I am almost sure that if I made a reasonable offer to the ODT seller, I would be accused of lowballing and be placed on ignore.

This isn't the only example of this sort of thing...it is not uncommon here. I called this a public service notice for sellers; but it is also pretty good advice for buyers. I always make it a point to comparison shop Bud's and Grabagun with listings I see here.

Make ODT great again!

Hah! I saw one I was interested listed for $2500...blah blah,don't tell me if you can get it cheaper, I paid $3200. I checked gunbroker and it's $1500 all day every day. You only save about $1000 over the ODT price. Are people that retarded?

Back
Top Bottom