• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix Fried Chicken...

Publix fried chicken? Well LA-DEE-DA. I buy my fried chicken at the gas station like normal folks.

EE4896FA-2979-4576-BE7B-A5D050DBD958.gif

When I did the floors at the Bi Lo store in Darien overnight my boss ( who I hardly ever saw) told me that he didn't eat grocery store fried chicken because it was all either out of date or about to be. Could be I guess. But I gotta say that damn Bi Lo chicken was pretty decent too.
I think he was right in todays time the delis in the stores proberly sell more chicken than is used in the meat dept.
when I owned the stores with delis I rotated out of meat case daily.

And i dont care what any of you say, the best fried chicken you'll ever eat will most likely be served at a gas station lunch counter in a cardboard box...lol
Friendly Gus's here in Macon out on I-16 on the exit to the gun club. The lady that runs/cooks the chicken knows what she's about.

How anyone with ONE taste bud can eat KFC is beyond me. If I want the KFC "experience" I'll buy a whole chicken, cut it up randomly with a meat cleaver, pour a 16 oz container of salt on it, then dredge it in flour and egg about 10 times and deep fry it for 25 minutes in 265 degree corn oil. Yuck.

Sous vide fried chicken at home is even better.

Seriously guys, you should at least check out sous vide now that the water heaters are becoming somewhat reasonable in price.

You like your steaks exactly medium rare? No more guessing. Sous vide and then pan sear them or throw them on the grill JUST to finish them off. Perfect every time.

My wife and kids are real steak snobs. I can turn out consistent, incredible steaks, better than a fancy restaurant, day-in, day-out. A total no brainer.

You like (or have) to use cheap cuts of meat? Slow cook in the sous vide for 10 hours and that tough old chunk of beef? melts in the mouth.

Sous vide heater and a vacuum bagger (at a pinch, you can use self-seal bags). It's all you need.

One time a vendor bought us lunch at work, it was a 4 foot x 4 foot cardboard box of Publix fried chicken, the chicken was so hot and juicy I ate myself into a food coma. To this day I dream about that lunch.
Hot Damn! That'd start a riot in Macongo! 16 or so cubic feet of fried chicken!?!?! Ohh Lawd!

Friendly Gus's here in Macon out on I-16 on the exit to the gun club. The lady that runs/cooks the chicken knows what she's about.

How anyone with ONE taste bud can eat KFC is beyond me. If I want the KFC "experience" I'll buy a whole chicken, cut it up randomly with a meat cleaver, pour a 16 oz container of salt on it, then dredge it in flour and egg about 10 times and deep fry it for 25 minutes in 265 degree corn oil. Yuck.
You know the store at Gray Hwy and Shurling Dr like beside the bank that's beside WMAZ? Well obviously they fry **** in there all the time. When the wife was pregnant back in 07 we stopped there for gas and I wasn't in there 5 minutes tops. When I got back in the car she went to gagging and covering her face. That's a stink that sticks to you. Like when I was 17 I worked as a dish washer at Captain D's across from Kmart on Pio Nono. So on Friday nights I brought extra clothes in my old Audi Fox cause I was gonna leave work and go catch up with my delinquent friends . But change clothes all you want to. You still have a greasy ass glaze all over you and smell like fried fish and hushpuppies.

Back
Top Bottom