• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix Fried Chicken...

Hey I know another place that charges a premium for chicken. Ain't been there since probably 2012 because they're just crazy high for what you get. That would be Bojangles . Sure the biscuits are good but DAMN! Maybe John Boy and Billy get them for free but the rest of us just need to head on down to Hardees.
Brother hope you have tried the oil lamp restauran right there in your home town.it’s by far the best soul food with white previledge that I know of.i usually hit it at least once a week.

Brother hope you have tried the oil lamp restauran right there in your home town.it’s by far the best soul food with white previledge that I know of.i usually hit it at least once a week.
Do tell. Oil Lamp? Funny, I bet I've driven by it a hundred times and never looked.

My landlord LOVES the oil lamp. I'm talking like 3 days a week or more. To ME it's like eating at S&S but costs even more. Like cafeteria food. But they DO have a very loyal customer base. Every time I've been there I saw the same people. Car salesmen, cops and real estate people. I don't know how they can afford to eat there every single day.

Used to live across from the Ingles in Forsyth. It's like a super Kroger for rural towns. I ain't had the fried chicken but the soup and salad bar kick ass. BUT...there's catch. You go nuts loading up that salad container with all the good **** while you're hungry as hell. Then you get to the register and they weigh it. Suddenly you got an $18.00 salad.
I get a fried chicken meal deal at Ingles every now and then. It’s pretty good and a lot of food for the money. No soup and salad here, but I have seen that in Wegman’s up north, prices coming up big at the scales.

My landlord LOVES the oil lamp. I'm talking like 3 days a week or more. To ME it's like eating at S&S but costs even more. Like cafeteria food. But they DO have a very loyal customer base. Every time I've been there I saw the same people. Car salesmen, cops and real estate people. I don't know how they can afford to eat there every single day.
Some of the "meat n' three" places are disgusting. Jeneane's at Pinebrook comes to mind. I HATE asking my dad where he wants to go eat. "Let's go to Jeneane's!" PUKE! Or Cox's Cafe on lower Poplar St. I can barely stand Cox's Cafe only because they know how to fry lacy cornbread (not all the time, but most of the time).

Do tell. Oil Lamp? Funny, I bet I've driven by it a hundred times and never looked.
C17AB0C5-7632-4C5E-AB1D-6DB1DBB90EC1.png
BB36E5C7-B1B2-470E-9875-A74ADD5C5EB1.png
You will not be disappointed,most organized eating joint and customer service around i only have eat lunch there.

Back
Top Bottom