• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix Fried Chicken...

Shake a pack of HV Ranch over that fried chicken!
That probably sounds good to most folks but I hate ranch flavor.,Ranch flavor tastes and smells like spoiled milk to me. When I go to Zaxbys I like to get the hottest sauce they have. But when I order it they have this habit of replacing the Zax sauce with ranch sauce. Even when I tell them I don't want it they give it to me.

When my old man was still alive ( and we were on speaking terms) he loved Sid's down there near the post office and Polly's at Zebulon Rd for the fried catfish. He also used to really dig Polly's La Mesa Mexican on Pio Nono. But to be fair that was one of the very few Mexican joints in Macon for a long time.
The folks that own and run Sid's are fine, always nice to me and they know my dad well, hell he was even asked to be interviewed by a news crew running a story on the joint. He loves Sid's vegetable soup, I could take it or leave it, the chili too.

Seriously guys, you should at least check out sous vide now that the water heaters are becoming somewhat reasonable in price.

You like your steaks exactly medium rare? No more guessing. Sous vide and then pan sear them or throw them on the grill JUST to finish them off. Perfect every time.

My wife and kids are real steak snobs. I can turn out consistent, incredible steaks, better than a fancy restaurant, day-in, day-out. A total no brainer.

You like (or have) to use cheap cuts of meat? Slow cook in the sous vide for 10 hours and that tough old chunk of beef? melts in the mouth.

Sous vide heater and a vacuum bagger (at a pinch, you can use self-seal bags). It's all you need
Sous vide is a very good way I agree…
But I just use ziplock bags , an igloo cooler, and boiling water…
Get water to 5 degrees over whatever temp you want let it sit in the cooler to get it to temp then just keep checking about every 30 minutes with an insta read thermometer add more hot water as needed…just hang the top of the baggie out the top of the closed cooler lid and the bag doesn’t wander away…

Back
Top Bottom