• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pump shotguns can jam

wow, everyone completely off topic from the start. the original poster said MOSSBERG!!!! and a model 500 no less. as a former gunsmith for over 45 years I refused to work on these guns.... there's a reason you can buy their two barrel combos at a third the price of other shotguns. I was lead to believe Mossberg covered this in their warranty, " the gun will jam every other time you take it out or until it breaks or parts fall off and it stops completely" lol sorry to laugh at you but look at all the previous posts of others and their problems.... it's the nature of the beast. either live with it or save up and buy a decent gun. in all the years the 500 has been made, I've never seen one complete a match without a jam.

I have the same shotgun jam today, just like the malfunction in the OP from the summer of 2017.
I've probably only fired 50 rounds out of this Mossberg 500 pump 20-gauge during the last 2.5 years.
This time, however, poking at the shell did not free it. I poked and prodded it from the bottom up, and then tried to replace it onto the lifter by pushing from the top down. It would not budge.
Finally, I beat the buttstock on a log on the ground, and that freed the jammed 2.75" chamber-length shell.
The gun had been held LEVEL, parallel to the ground, when I pumped it and had this malfunction.

Back
Top Bottom