• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Purchase Police-Confiscated Guns in GA

jeepinshep

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
I got curious about the idea of buying confiscated guns and started searching the internet to see if any departments do this. I discovered that certain jurisdictions in Tennessee and elsewhere do, but I couldn't find any information about confiscation sales in Georgia.

Does anybody know if any local or state agencies sell confiscated guns? When and where? Are there deals to be had at such auctions/sales?

I know in Spalding county they do it, I have seen them bring 20+ guns in the store at a time and say they were confiscated weapons...They sell them and the money goes back to the county.....Last time I saw them bring them in there were a good bit of pistols a few rifles and two Tec 9's.....So yes they do it, it may just vary county to county.

not really in GA but there's a guy online that sells a ton of police issue pistols and some confiscated stuff. most of it is real junk but there's the occasional gem in there if you spend some time looking..

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/

I know a few guys who have bought "used" glocks from him, I know a while ago he had a bunch of Fulton County glocks for sale.. :)

Due to records keeping issues and various Fed, state and local regs., liability concerns and past media blasts of departments holding their own sales and the weapon later turning up in another crime; most departments now days inventory seized weapons, then send out lists to the local FFL store front dealers for letter bids .
Check with the property control officer of the departments near you and they may have a list of the dealers that bid.

I think it may be up to each county's own regs (at least in Georgia). I attended a county sheriff auction a few years ago and bought as SKS. A local pawn shop here in Macon just purchased 200+ guns from another local LE agency. He and several other FFL holders placed seal bids for the lot--he submitted the winning bid.

Sheriffs dept in Madison County is having a gun auction on the 11th. Check Piche Auctions to see pics. The Sheriffs Dept has had several gun auctions. But I have found the prices are very high.

Back
Top Bottom