• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Purchased vehicle over 45 days ago, still no title and can't register it. What are my options?

I was worried about having to do this. I'm assuming I'd need an attorney to go that route?

Yeah, the BoS clearly states Tag, Tax, Title.

My thought process went to they didn't have the title in their possession or had an issue getting it transferred to them, before transferring to me.
Did you ask the dealer the make sure they even started that process of getting it transferred? That's the first step, IMO...

OK so I've heard a couple folks say that and from some quick Google Fu the same thing. Is that possible to do now or do I have to give them X amount of days? I'm gonna be mad when this temporary tag extension runs out and I can't drive it.

It would be worth it to have either your attorney give official notice, or the bank if they're willing.

Did you ask the dealer the make sure they even started that process of getting it transferred? That's the first step, IMO...
That's where they're fumbling. The first call was hmm I don't know we'll call you back. Then they tried to say it's taking long because it was of state, and I reminded them I live here and bought the truck from them. So I think I'm getting the run around.
It would be worth it to have either your attorney give official notice, or the bank if they're willing.
OK good to know. I called the bank already. They definitely want the title as it's been almost two months. I just wanted to be sure I was in good standing with them and they said yes.
Call the bank that has the loan and explain the situation. They will light a fire under them since they have a vested interest in getting this resolved.
Yeah I went that route as well, they know it's not me so I won't be in any legal or financial trouble with them. Hopefully they can do something. This is highly frustrating.

Same thing happened to me, but it took 15 months for my bank to finally get the title. Dealer had excuse after excuse. Said they had to redo the paperwork like 3 times. Ffter the extensions all ran out, i just drove it anyways. If it wasn't like an hour and a half to the dealership i would have just taken it back. (which i guess i should have) Nobody(county or state) seemed interested in doing anything about it taking so long either. Big businesses like that do what they want.

I was worried about having to do this. I'm assuming I'd need an attorney to go that route?

Yeah, the BoS clearly states Tag, Tax, Title.

My thought process went to they didn't have the title in their possession or had an issue getting it transferred to them, before transferring to me.

Most likely did not have the title in their possession if the vehicle had a loan attached to it. Use your google fu there is a dealer licensing group or something of that nature that will be all over them for not getting the title in a timely manner.

It happened to me before.
Go back to the dealer and they will issue another brand new temporary tag. And keep on doing till the one from the sloth Government comes in the mail.
Yeah, and in this case the dealer is being the sloth. Hate dealing with inept dealer and government. Especially when I already paid my taxes and fees.

Back
Top Bottom