• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I don't care what people price their guns for. I have a few that I would not sell for current market price. Maybe I'll get bored and post one for what I would take for it (the price that actually matters). Even though there are others being sold cheaper elsewhere. I really don't care what others sell theirs for. I usually check that before buying so if I'm not trying to get rich off guns...I'm usually pretty close. Sometimes I get a really good deal, don't care for it and pass along the savings.

Sometimes, I think people post up guns they just had painted (ruined) at the local cerakote shop...or they got it all stippled up or both or whatever...maybe they replaced that old wood with some shiny black tapco gear...And, they want to show off their hard work and poor taste by posting it up for sale or trade with some ridiculous expectations. Maybe they get a little wiggle in their pants when someone tells them.."Ooo if only you were closer" or "Wow nice, GLWS". Maybe that's all they really want? Or maybe they get encouraged because not all people think that painting a well worn, pre-64 Winchester 64 showing patina is a horrible idea. Some people would buy an FDE Model 64 with an OD barrel and black painted stock and are willing to pay for the "upgrades". I sure as hell wouldn't. But something I learned in the car business many years ago...There is an ass for every seat.

I don't care what people price their guns for. I have a few that I would not sell for current market price. Maybe I'll get bored and post one for what I would take for it (the price that actually matters). Even though there are others being sold cheaper elsewhere. I really don't care what others sell theirs for. I usually check that before buying so if I'm not trying to get rich off guns...I'm usually pretty close. Sometimes I get a really good deal, don't care for it and pass along the savings.

Sometimes, I think people post up guns they just had painted (ruined) at the local cerakote shop...or they got it all stippled up or both or whatever...maybe they replaced that old wood with some shiny black tapco gear...And, they want to show off their hard work and poor taste by posting it up for sale or trade with some ridiculous expectations. Maybe they get a little wiggle in their pants when someone tells them.."Ooo if only you were closer" or "Wow nice, GLWS". Maybe that's all they really want? Or maybe they get encouraged because not all people think that painting a well worn, pre-64 Winchester 64 showing patina is a horrible idea. Some people would buy an FDE Model 64 with an OD barrel and black painted stock and are willing to pay for the "upgrades". I sure as hell wouldn't. But something I learned in the car business many years ago...There is an ass for every seat.
I agree with everything you said. I could care less what a person asks. But, when a person asks $150 over MSRP, for a used rifle, I'd like to at least be able to tell them that they are out of touch with the market, without catching a ban. That's all.

I agree with everything you said. I could care less what a person asks. But, when a person asks $150 over MSRP, for a used rifle, I'd like to at least be able to tell them that they are out of touch with the market, without catching a ban. That's all.

You are able to tell them, always have had that ability. Send them a PM. You will not catch a ban for sending a PM. Whether they listen to you or not, well that is a crap shoot.

Ahhh Geeezzz, not this again, every year, like Clockwork it shows up..:doh:
dern noobs :crazy::crazy::crazy:

:boink:You should be banned ,because you are from alabama :lol::lol::lol:

Just for you OP, I'll sell you some of my butt hurt spray at half price for just $5. The next time you see a "high" price that bothers you, just apply some of this liberally, and it'll be happy times again. :hat:

buttspray.gif

You are able to tell them, always have had that ability. Send them a PM. You will not catch a ban for sending a PM. Whether they listen to you or not, well that is a crap shoot.
If you PM to tell them, do it by making an offer. Your opinion is s*** if it doesn't come attached with an offer. Markets vary with location too. Some of us don't live anywhere near a big chain store that sells on the cheap. Make sure the AD you are referring to is current too. AKs in particular that got caught up in the recent import ban still have cheap sales ads floating around but are out of stock. They may actually be worth more now despite the AD price due to lack of availability.

only $150, the nerve of them.
I could live with $140 over but $150 is downright highway robbery.. Trump needs to appoint an ODT overpricing Commissioner NOW before this gets out of hand. What's next, illegals flipping tacos on here? This is serious folks..:shocked:

Back
Top Bottom