• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Putting in my first stamp! Very excited

I'm a fan of the MK18's so 10.3" is my jam but it's really hard on components and gassy .... 11.5 is a great happy medium and gives you about 40% more dwell time so if you don't really need the extra compactness or you aren't a nerdy clone gun builder going with 11.5 or 12.5 will be easier to keep it running right and save your equipment some wear and tear.

Do you all think a 10.5" or an 11.5" is would be better for a first sbr? Probably will throw a suppressor on it at some point.

Also, if you're going to "throw a suppressor on at some point" and you want it to be useful for more than just a glorified flash suppressor/signature hiding device you might want to consider an 8.5-12.5" 300blk upper also with a 30cal can that can also run on a 556.

Shooting 300blk subs is super fun and can be legitimately quiet and loaded with good hunting bullets supers are more than adequate for the big game around here.

I'm a fan of the MK18's so 10.3" is my jam but it's really hard on components and gassy .... 11.5 is a great happy medium and gives you about 40% more dwell time so if you don't really need the extra compactness or you aren't a nerdy clone gun builder going with 11.5 or 12.5 will save your equipment some wear and tear.

As a side note, since you're eventually going to suppress it, be sure to check what barrel lengths the can is rated for when you start shopping. The shorter the barrel, the more the can has to withstand with regards to uncorking pressure, muzzle blast etc.

Back
Top Bottom