• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Q: metal mesh (like the security screen doors)

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
------- well, I had a (perhaps stray) cat break into my screened in back porch last week. Since ihe destroyed the screen door, I replaced with the "ghetto style" metal screened security door. That's works awesome, but there is still a section where a cat or idiot thief could access the side of the porch through a regular "bug type screen" is at.

(the stray cat didn't realize my fat ass male cat, who is about 22 lbs, was fast asleep. When he woke up all hell broke out).

Want to purchase a section of just metal mesh screen, similar to thickness of what the ghetto metal screened security door is made of. Maybe a 4x8 foot section I can make a metal frame and weld this screen to, then install.

I don't recall any steel yards having such items. Anyone know for sure before I start driving around?

I am familiar with the metal screen for screen doors that is the same style as the nylon just pet resistant. I am not familiar with the "ghetto style" screen. Do you have a pic?

------- well, I had a (perhaps stray) cat break into my screened in back porch last week. Since ihe destroyed the screen door, I replaced with the "ghetto style" metal screened security door. That's works awesome, but there is still a section where a cat or idiot thief could access the side of the porch through a regular "bug type screen" is at.

(the stray cat didn't realize my fat ass male cat, who is about 22 lbs, was fast asleep. When he woke up all hell broke out).

Want to purchase a section of just metal mesh screen, similar to thickness of what the ghetto metal screened security door is made of. Maybe a 4x8 foot section I can make a metal frame and weld this screen to, then install.

I don't recall any steel yards having such items. Anyone know for sure before I start driving around?

Lowe's has some great ones. Very heavy duty. Around $350.

sorry guys. Let me be more clear.

I need the metal mesh only. I already have the metal screen door installed.

So perhaps a 4x8' metal mesh only (with holes small enough to keep the bugs out).

-----
btw, i had to drive to the ghetto to get the security screen door. Suwanee lowes and depot didn't have them. LOL

Yeah, saw that before you posted it "request a quote" bs. That means it is too much and a company I don't wanna deal with if they don't post prices.

Home depot has smaller panels than what I really need.

metal yard has 1/2" "holes" in a 4x8 sheet for $60.
I'll just use the "bug screen" over it and call it done. This will keep the bugs out, stray cats, coyotes, and meth heads that find their way into good sections of town. Fair warning, coyotes and thugs attempted to break in will get dispatched on site. Coyote will be buried w/my excavator.....thug may be left near side of road for trash pickup. :)

Thanks fellas

Back
Top Bottom