• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Q4: Doom & Gloom?

If the Republicans do sweep the mid-terms the WH will immediately shift their narrative to “now the economy is crashing and we are in a recession because Republican’s are now in charge of Congress”
Yep. It's in the liberal playbook.

I am pessimistic about the next several years. But I’ve been pessimistic for years already and it’s cost me money. Market really goes in the toilet at some point or truly nothing matters anymore.

Doesn't matter what the numbers say, mainstream media will prop up the democratic policy. Q3 was a nightmare swept under the rug. I heard every excuse in the book of why it wasn't THAT bad. I checked my 401k last week because I suppose I'm a glutton for punishment.... what a ****show. (Remember, it is not because of the democrats though)
20% losses and still reporting a strong economy and a healthy POTUS on cnn, go figure

With the impact to savings and disposable income for the average American household. This holiday season, and Q4 will be lighter than the last few. Especially considering the inflated impact of the Covid stimulus, lockdowns, etc on 2020 and early 2021. While Americans didn’t save more it ultimately throttled COGS rising. That equals less units sold just by the sheer math. I’d be surprised if household spending in Q4 isn’t a backwards trend for this year, and next depending on the results of the election.

Even if the party control / narrative shifts. The fastest economic recovery would happen by lowering COGS. That’s a long road ahead to prevent a recession type scenario. We saw a spike in used / new car values, home values, and most everyday consumable goods. That hurts most Americans even if the impact isn’t large on a household to household basis. (Some it was very big)

One of the things the 2008ish recession learnt me is that, when people really start to feel it, second homes and toys flood the market. If and when I see that, I'll know it's probably really bad.

If the Republicans do sweep the mid-terms the WH will immediately shift their narrative to “now the economy is crashing and we are in a recession because Republican’s are now in charge of Congress”
Won't work in the short term because if Republicans win they haven't had time to do anything positive or negative. Biden lies and if Democrats hold congress and senate then democrats will destroy the economy. Fetterman said he is for fracking and he has always said he is against it. Yet his handlers said he ment to say I am for safe eco friendly fracking...the media reported the exact opposite of how badly he did.

Back
Top Bottom