• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

QD Mount dilemma

marksman17

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Meal Team 6 Pro
53   0
Reaction score
Got a hybrid 46 pending and need qd mount advice. Pay 340 ish for the Dead Air keymo and brake or get the SilencerCo hybrid asr mount and break for around 200? Is the extra 140 worth it to go Dead air? Any other suggestions? Seen Q plan B and cherry bomb but it seems like an expensive barrel thread extension in a way even though it's tapered. Opinions?

not to throw another wrench in the plans but if you are thinking you might go back and forth between a brake and can check Area 419 system. It's pretty cool.

I went the asr route for my hybrid and my omega9k, also have 3 lug for the omega 9k, mainly i did this because of keeping everything Sico but the asr items can be found pretty cheap on the secondary market, i.e. AR15.com equipment exchange has lots to offer, i have not had any problems with asr but have not run it hard yet either. also i can run the omega 9k via asr on say a 300blackout and also the hybrid as well. i don't have any experience with keymo but general consensus is it is a better system just cost more and not as much availability from my searching, not sure if its compatible with the 9k either.

FYI for the KeyMo and other Dead Air parts, Dead Air recently moved their manufacturing to a new facility to have better QC and more production capabilities. The past few months have been hard to find most of the Dead Air products but the new facility is up and running (it's actually in Georgia) and should have much better availability than in the past for all Dead Air products.

Neither . Q cherry bomb . It’s the easiest to mount as all you need is a 1/2 inch socket . The mount and muzzle attachment is the smallest overall and I’ve never worried for even a second that a mag dump would cause it to come loose .

if anything it just gets stuck which is good
9B78118C-4A37-452E-AC80-EE731D1AE497.jpeg

I’ve seen dudes launch Keymo’s and I’ve seen dudes launch ASR’s. If you’re not paying attention, you can have a false lockup with either.

I’ve got an Omega 300 and a Specwar 556k both running the ASR and couldn’t be happier.

If you’ve got a Dead Air can that comes with the Keymo... then great, but I can’t see paying $100+ over the ASR for it.

I’ve seen dudes launch Keymo’s and I’ve seen dudes launch ASR’s. If you’re not paying attention, you can have a false lockup with either.

I’ve got an Omega 300 and a Specwar 556k both running the ASR and couldn’t be happier.

If you’ve got a Dead Air can that comes with the Keymo... then great, but I can’t see paying $100+ over the ASR for it.
Dude true story first time out shooting the very first round a customer fired his omega off the muzzle and into a lake where it remains today.

very tragic but silencerco sent him a brand new replacement ... free of charge . Granted he has to wait again but still ...

Dude true story first time out shooting the very first round a customer fired his omega off the muzzle and into a lake where it remains today.

very tragic but silencerco sent him a brand new replacement ... free of charge . Granted he has to wait again but still ...
If you mess around and don’t lock the teeth in the bottom of the valley... it’ll do it.

If you run it hard... the spring clip will lose some tension over time too. Silco actually just posted a great video about it. (But most dudes aren’t running their guns hard enough to ever encounter it)

I have a nomad but didn’t fork the money out yet to switch everything to key mo, I was going to order it all before the virus and work got slow as molasses. From what I’ve seen it works great but is pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom