• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

QD Mount dilemma

Neither . Q cherry bomb . It’s the easiest to mount as all you need is a 1/2 inch socket . The mount and muzzle attachment is the smallest overall and I’ve never worried for even a second that a mag dump would cause it to come loose .

if anything it just gets stuck which is good
View attachment 2570103
yea it looks like it could get locked up pretty good after a days shooting. im gonna have to un-rockset my aac break to mount it. not looking forward to it. that cherry bomb is just a fancy direct threat it seems like.. not sure how i feel about a system that doesnt have an actual locking system on it for heavy rifle shooting

yea it looks like it could get locked up pretty good after a days shooting. im gonna have to un-rockset my aac break to mount it. not looking forward to it. that cherry bomb is just a fancy direct threat it seems like.. not sure how i feel about a system that doesnt have an actual locking system on it for heavy rifle shooting
I’ve used it across many machine guns. It’s a taper : once it heats up it swells and there is zero chance of it coming lose

good to know. how is it to get off?
Ive never had one mounted via Q Cherry bomb seize up on me when installed cold onto a cold muzzle end. Now if the can was hot and I took it off and put it on a cold rifle, thennnnn it’s a PITA to get off. But I’ve never had one walk off or get loose no matter the rate of fire.

I keep a Bluepoint A/N wrench in my range bag for when it’s stubborn, those are about 6in long so not much leverage there and I’ve never not been able to remove it when it was “stuck”

upload_2020-4-10_9-31-34.jpeg

Ive never had one mounted via Q Cherry bomb seize up on me when installed cold onto a cold muzzle end. Now if the can was hot and I took it off and put it on a cold rifle, thennnnn it’s a PITA to get off. But I’ve never had one walk off or get loose no matter the rate of fire.

I keep a Bluepoint A/N wrench in my range bag for when it’s stubborn, those are about 6in long so not much leverage there and I’ve never not been able to remove it when it was “stuck”

View attachment 2573248
good deal. probably go with Q then... unless the keymo goes on sale for a reasonable amount

Back
Top Bottom