Q's About Making Subwoofer Box's fer de Home Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point Blank

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
I came into 2 - 10" free air Diamond Audio 2ohm with dual voice coil sub woofers. Not wanting to replace my cars windows on a regular basis due to de THUMP i am wanting to maybe if possible use them inside me shack as i only have 1 - 10" cheap sub running.

I have plenty of wood, screws, glue, etc. along with massive amounts of quality speaker wire.

My biggest fear is wiring them correctly fer an 8ohm load so my receiver will not start smoking quickly! Also, my sub out is a RCA connection and not speaker wire.

If i can somehow use the RCA sub output i will not need any capacitors, etc as the receiver will do de dirty work of sending lows / highs to where they need to go?

Since constructing a square box (sealed==without ports, etc) is something i dare to tackle, anyone out there experienced enough to school me how to connect fer dat 8ohm load and maybe how big my box needs to be on top of any other thing i am overlooking?

Should i just trash me plans and buy a box already made with electrical junk installed already? Anyone have 1 or 2 made boxs getting dusty? Dam!

Anyone? Thx fer ANY help!

zimperialseal.jpg

Huge help, thx Sir!
Now i wonder if there is a way to rig this into RCA connectors so i can just plug into the receivers *Sub Out* plug?

I can not connect speaker wire to my receivers *sub out* connector. Fronts / Surrounds / High Surrounds i can but sub woofer out has to be RCA ?

Wonder if i can wire something all together without burnin down me shack...lol

Big thanks though Sir!

1- Pre-made dual 10 inch enclosures start at $50.00 an go higher, search "dual 10 ported box" after pricing
materials, carpet, glue, or if you lack the hole cutting tools, this could be the fastest and low cost.
If your a DIY'er then you may want to go the homemade route.
2- To build one search " DIY dual 10 ported box" there are many hits and youtube videos.
3- For the AMP end of the speaker cable search on " male RCA plugs " there a a few different designs.
4- At speaker end of the cable you may want a " 2-way sub speaker terminal binding post cup" rather than a 'hard
wired into the box' setup that will limit speaker portability.

Huge help, thx Sir!
Now i wonder if there is a way to rig this into RCA connectors so i can just plug into the receivers *Sub Out* plug?

I can not connect speaker wire to my receivers *sub out* connector. Fronts / Surrounds / High Surrounds i can but sub woofer out has to be RCA ?

Wonder if i can wire something all together without burnin down me shack...lol

Big thanks though Sir!

Check your manual, most likely that RCA output is line level for feeding an amplifier.

Thx fer ALL de help Sir! I will youtube further!

My Denon receiver has fronts / center / surrounds / and back surronds that you can use speaker wire or speaker plugs. The sub-woofer out is RCA terminal.Using a Y connector or whatever its called allowed me to run 2 sub=woofers instead of just 1 as it on lt has 1 output.

SADLY......me being the retard i am (lol) i was cranking it WAY to loud on a regular basis and 1 of me paper cone subs paper shredded!!!

My only remaining sub *workz* but i need more THUMP! (no rap--rock only)

Thats what got me thinking bout using those 2 Diamond subs SOMEHOW! No paper cones and the are VERY / VERY heavy...each of them. Thx fer de leads Sir!

Great site! Thx for all your work here Sir.

1- Pre-made dual 10 inch enclosures start at $50.00 an go higher, search "dual 10 ported box" after pricing
materials, carpet, glue, or if you lack the hole cutting tools, this could be the fastest and low cost.
If your a DIY'er then you may want to go the homemade route.
2- To build one search " DIY dual 10 ported box" there are many hits and youtube videos.
3- For the AMP end of the speaker cable search on " male RCA plugs " there a a few different designs.
4- At speaker end of the cable you may want a " 2-way sub speaker terminal binding post cup" rather than a 'hard
wired into the box' setup that will limit speaker portability.

Thx fer de leadz! I put de project on the back-burner but i am very close to starting my vision again thx!

Is this 2004?

What's up with your smart-ass reply?

I do not have available money to go out and drop $$$$ towardz subwoofers.

Now then, if you would be so gracious to stop by and give me a couple of your spares that are laying around getting dusty just pm your phone number and i'll give ya a call with clear directions to me shack?

Edited to add: i see your in Buck head, i am only 15 minutes away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom