• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about a Beretta I bought from iAmmo

Picked up a M9 recently that I bought from that at the FFL.
Noticed two weird things.
1. There is spotting on the barrel
2. And there is no serial # on the box it came with. I have never heard of a firearm manufacturer not putting a serial number on a box.
Do I need to be concerned?
Gun was sold NEW

1. No idea about that....
2. Those boxes came with an cardboard outer sleeve new that had the firearm info on it....this makes me think the outer sleeve was damaged, maybe by water which would explain #1

the barre rust flecks makes it look like a beretta that was forgotten for 10+ years in the store then sold when they found it in the water leak corner with the boxes junk they can't sell, that's if it's new
He DOES have a 2018 Beretta according to the Beretta Firearm Technical Data Search Form (LE model to boot)
http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/tech_data/schematics_search_new.htm

Serial Number: M9-209223
Model: J92M9A0MLE
Product Description: M9 Commercial 9mm 3-15rd LE
Approximate Manufacture Date: 2018

It's probably just a poor finish on the barrel.

it' probably still safe to shoot but if you question it due to any finish issues then inform beretta, it could be improperly blued/coated or some such issue

That big label on the front of your box, why didn’t you do that?

B2CC666F-FD67-4138-93C2-47FBF3617B51.jpeg

Try Mother's mag & aluminum polish, find it in most automotive stores,
Wallymart probly cheapest ($5-6). Use sparingly, cleans & won't scratch.
Used on filthy 21A, rag was brown when finished from years of crud on
carbon slide & barrel. After that applied coat of Renaissance Wax. Renwax
created by British Museum to protect exhibits from environmental damage
ie pollution, direct sunlight. 7 oz jar is about $20 but a little goes a long way.
My present jar is 3-5 yrs old and still half full. Use it on about everything incl.
metal, wood, glass, porcelin, painted surfaces, book covers, knife or gun boxes.
Removes glue left by labels & prevents fingerprints. Often I'll use renwax first to
clean up an item, that may be all that's needed. If surface needs deeper cleaning
then I break out the Mother's or other alternatives as needed.

After that, if spots still there, time to call Beretta or live with it. Hope dis helps

Back
Top Bottom