• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about bedding and truing.

Bushwhacker

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Unmitigated Badassery
119   0
Reaction score
I've done some long range/precision shooting but with guns already built. I recently bought a rifle that I'd like to have bedded and the action trued. Any recommendations around the Cobb County area and what can I expect to pay for quality work for both of these services??

Bedding will run anywhere from about $150 for a skim bed to $300 for pillars, full bed etc. So, it depends. Another $200 - $250 or so to true up and action and lap lugs.

If you are going to pull the barrel and its a factory barrel, you may as well put a premium barrel in it while you are at it. Bartlein, Hawk Hill, Brux, Proof etc.

Not aware of builders in Cobb, but GA has good shops, Accurate Ordnance, REDX REDX , Gradous, APA. All a bit of a drive for you, but not bad. Outside of Gradous, all up 85 not far outside of Gwinnett county.

We charge $245 to pillar bed and $185 to skim bed. Like ReservoirDawg said, if you are going to true the action you might as well replace the barrel. To properly true a barrel material is going to have to be removed from the action threads. It might be a little, might be a lot. When I see somebody say they have a trued action with the same barrel I just sigh. What most people call "Truing" is just "facing" off the front.

Back
Top Bottom