• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about class 3 legality

They sell conversion books and full auto parts everywhere all the time, it’s the act of following the instructions and modifying the firearm that make it illegal

Possession is illegal.

I think you can own the parts OR own the gun, but you better not own both.

Many years ago at a gun show I bought a kit to build a 10/22 full auto Select Fire. It was basically 20/30 pages of diagrams and instructions and a few Springs and parts. I figure after 30 years I'm not going to build this. If I had I would probably have registered the firearm. But, what I'm wondering now is it legal to sell this. If anybody has an idea please let me know. Thank you
PM ME

I have a manufacturing FFL and SOT (07/02). I can build this into a gun and register it

Forgot to add that it's not a drop in conversion. It takes machining and fitting. Interesting read though.
you should have built it back then before 1986, you'd have a small fortune in your hands now. I'm 25 I wish I coulda been alive back then so that I could have taken advantage to the access of full autos. I envy you my friend.

Doesn’t this depend on the date of manufacture?
with his license he can manufacture machine guns for LEO/Govt. or for "demonstration purposes" - whatever that means. The date only pertains to people like you and me without any proper manufacturing license, for us we can only purchase machine guns made prior to the I think like may 1986 or around that month.

Thats why they are so expensive now and if you look at machine guns available for only SOT holders they are much much cheaper.

with his license he can manufacture machine guns for LEO/Govt. or for "demonstration purposes" - whatever that means. The date only pertains to people like you and me without any proper manufacturing license, for us we can only purchase machine guns made prior to the I think like may 1986 or around that month.

Thats why they are so expensive now and if you look at machine guns available for only SOT holders they are much much cheaper.

Yes.....

But wouldn't it have to be registered to the SOT.

Back
Top Bottom