• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

question about glock

Snappy recoil my a$$....Everyone says this, but I shoot my G23 at a much higher proficiency level than the other several 9mm glocks I have had....Maybe I was just made for the .40...lol...I reload so I dont really keep up with the ammo cost part.

I've never had a problem with it honestly myself although my first handgun was a 380..then upgraded to a 357 sig, then downgraded to a .40 and was very proficient with it..However once I made the switch to a .45 acp I noticed just how much less recoil there was in a more effective package. I can't say what .40's like compared to 9mm as far as recoil goes in honesty, just what I've researched and read. Never shot a 9mm to be honest. But .40 is more expensive than 9mm, not much better ballistics, more recoil, not much cheaper than 45, more recoil IMHO than a .45 and not as effective.

I've never had a problem with it honestly myself although my first handgun was a 380..then upgraded to a 357 sig, then downgraded to a .40 and was very proficient with it..However once I made the switch to a .45 acp I noticed just how much less recoil there was in a more effective package. I can't say what .40's like compared to 9mm as far as recoil goes in honesty, just what I've researched and read. Never shot a 9mm to be honest. But .40 is more expensive than 9mm, not much better ballistics, more recoil, not much cheaper than 45, more recoil IMHO than a .45 and not as effective.

That's where the capacity PRO comes into play.

The only Glock I have ever shot was a G23. It's recoil was much easier than the other 40's I've fired (24/7,Bersa,SD,Sigma,P250) but nothing beats the SR IMHO. I'm sure the Witness line wouldn't be too bad either with their low barrel axis types.

The witness was my first .40, witness P. I could dump a mag into a pie plate, cheap gun but damn thing was deadly.

Funny I had the Witness P in .45. Sold it a few days ago just because I had the .40 itch again. They are accurate as hell!

I'd say I gave around 500 ish for my witness p.....
Long story short shortly after moving to atlanta I realized how stupid I was for selling my pistol for money to move here so when the company I worked for gave us a bunch of scrap wire after a series of switchgear pulls, I cashed it in and took about 440 and picked up a Gen 3 Glock 32 with Brand X IWB holster and a box of hornady xtp...Had a hard ime shooting it due to a combination of the recoil, weight of the gun, and stiffness of the trigger. Went to a gunshow with a lust for a baby eagle, found a place that had a similar gun *being the witness p* and asked about tradin..offered me 300 for mine and asked for 50$..Being a complete dumbass...I traded for it.. Ever since then I've had that soft spot for my old G32 :( My first Glock too...

+1 on the G20.......It's my favorite glock........Just waiting on the Gen 4 model to come out to add to my collection....
Can't wait to see how the dual recoil spring is in it......I bet it will tighten groups up even more......

Here's you a good question for everyone how much do you think a glock with of frame and slide is worth?

I'm guessing that is a typo and you meant OD frame and slide. Anyway, it's a hard question to answer. Judging by the prices I see on the Internet, there are some people who are willing to pay a premium for the OD look. Personally, I don't care for the look so I wouldn't buy one unless it was priced below a similar gun in black. Most used Glocks seem to fall into the $400-450 range.

Back
Top Bottom