• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about HOA Law.??

Right, that's what I'm trying to figure out. We have an HOA as well, granted they don't act like Nazi's and I get along with them. However, we all know for a fact members live there. They also encourage non members to run during the next election cycle to not look like it's some kind of dictatorship. I'm not much for meetings either, haven't had a reason to go or anything to really complain about. Honestly the only purpose they serve is to maintain/upkeep the community pool, gym, and playground. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble for their grass being to tall or having a loud car or some nonsense.
I’ve got tall grass around, loud ass thumping bass and a neighbor with four hell cat chargers… I’m phucking stuck

The lawyer for a homeowner is waiting for the audit from over a three year period. The HOA has been dissolved three times since 2020 and the members of the board it has been discovered do not own any homes. To be legit you have to have your name on the deed. Also 2/3 quorum of home owners needed to be present for any meeting or emergency meeting, which did not happen. Since the lady who embezzled the money is 63 years old and the agreement of 10k cashiers check and a 1000 dollars a month to repay remaining would take 15 years isn’t settling well will home owners. Prosecution is inevitable.

You know what? I'd want to know who signed off on that repayment schedule. Given that she's likely to end up in court as a defendent in a criminal prosecution, her ability to pay that 1000 a month may well be impacted if she ends up in Arrendale.

If none (or most) of them own any homes in that neighborhood, I'd think it's likely they were all getting a payday out of it

My HOA is drawing millions of dollars annually, I'm positive it's not all going back to the homeowners in the form of ammenities and upkeep.
Millions? Damn! How many homes?

So, over a 1,000 homes easily. That's a huge HOA.
That's my estimate, but looking at Google maps I may have been a little high on my estimate. Eagle Springs in Centerville

Also I know some fees are a little lower...my friend in another section was $600...but I also believe there's some that are paying higher, like the ones with the 3 car garages on the lake...

That's my estimate, but looking at Google maps I may have been a little high on my estimate. Eagle Springs in Centerville

Also I know some fees are a little lower...my friend in another section was $600...but I also believe there's some that are paying higher, like the ones with the 3 car garages on the lake...
My old GF lives in a gated community and her HOA fees are something like $1,100 / month. LOL. Not me bro.

Back
Top Bottom