• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about HOA Law.??

Right, that's what I'm trying to figure out. We have an HOA as well, granted they don't act like Nazi's and I get along with them. However, we all know for a fact members live there. They also encourage non members to run during the next election cycle to not look like it's some kind of dictatorship. I'm not much for meetings either, haven't had a reason to go or anything to really complain about. Honestly the only purpose they serve is to maintain/upkeep the community pool, gym, and playground. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble for their grass being to tall or having a loud car or some nonsense.

HOAs can be a blessing or a curse. I got drafted onto ours last year and I thought it would be pretty basic. Keep the grass cut and the trees trimmed and life would be good.

Instead it's been a constant struggle with dumb-a** owners who don't think twice about being considerate to their neighbors, or even if they get their garbage all the way to the compactor without it spilling all over the street.

Still, even our little 200-house property has a property management company that would question the treasurer pulling out money from our accounts, and she would still have to get someone else to go along with her.

Just reading this.... I am actually President of our POA (Property Owners)... Now that we are many homes, maybe we need to change to an HOQ.... But we are only 87 lots and now 32 homes controlling 53 lots.... Our POA fees are only $175 annually (not many amenities). I am all about full disclosure.... At least 2 people have complete access to all funds and we share all data on a monthly basis.

I hope you are able to resolve this...

We are actually looking at moving from HOA to POA (talking to the lawyers now) but I never heard of a HOQ. What is that?

HOAs can be a blessing or a curse. I got drafted onto ours last year and I thought it would be pretty basic. Keep the grass cut and the trees trimmed and life would be good.

Instead it's been a constant struggle with dumb-a** owners who don't think twice about being considerate to their neighbors, or even if they get their garbage all the way to the compactor without it spilling all over the street.

Still, even our little 200-house property has a property management company that would question the treasurer pulling out money from our accounts, and she would still have to get someone else to go along with her.

We are actually looking at moving from HOA to POA (talking to the lawyers now) but I never heard of a HOQ. What is that?

Thats three abbreviations that I never have to worry about knowing or caring what they mean.

So glad I sucked it up 25 years ago and bought acreage in West Cobb. Thought I had it good ! Now , surrounded by ghetto houses , $500,000 , no money down move you right in ! But at least no HOA ! Not paying to live in subdivision ! Feel back for you Sweet , the cockroaches are spreading !

So glad I sucked it up 25 years ago and bought acreage in West Cobb. Thought I had it good ! Now , surrounded by ghetto houses , $500,000 , no money down move you right in ! But at least no HOA ! Not paying to live in subdivision ! Feel back for you Sweet , the cockroaches are spreading !
We searched for a two year period when houses were scarce.. wifey refused to live in Bartow so we ended up here. When we finished the house there was woods in front of us on the river side of street now my view is of my neighbors house.. developers changed it up.

I feel for you and know what you mean . Between my neighbor and I , we have 72 acres. Used to go out and not see any lights on two sides of us . Now can walk around and it’s like being in the city . Change is inevitable, but , I don’t have to like it. He’s 87 and I’m 72 , so in 5 years or less we will be selling out. He can’t take care of his very well anymore , and I’m just tired of the traffic and cockroaches .

I agree with the comments about HOA being a blessing or curse. I think it depends on how it's ran and the purpose. I've lived in both non-HOA and HOA subdivisions. My experience in the non-HOA was annoying neighbors who partied all hours of the night, or one's who parked their 6 vehicles in the street making it hard to drive down the street if other cars were coming, or the ones who left bags of trash pilled up all over the place, and my personal favorite, the yards that were never maintained so it looked like a junkgle. So in that instance I sort of wished there was something in place to clean it up some. This was in a nicer subdivision too....

I'm not some property nazi who likes telling people what to do with their property but in a subdivision that type of stuff devalues my property if my neighbors houses aren't taken care of...

Back
Top Bottom